Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stephen's 1982 1.6 L

Featured Replies

  • Author

Thanks guys been doing loads of detailing work to it , had the wheels professionally dipped and powder coated which have came out Petty good I think . So happy with this car need to try and get down to billing with it next year heard it's a great show to go to :)

  • CLUB MEMBER

I'm sure this is the car I seen at a show in errol this year spoke to the owner. It's mint had a great chat with the guy.

It's certainly one of a kind. I remember it being for sale for ages a few years ago. Fantastic and original. Had 17,000 miles on if I remember rightly?

  • Author

Yeh Andy its was myself you spoke with mate , are you the fella with loads of vauxhalls if I remember rite?

Yeh Matt it's the one your thinking of the car was found in the first owners garage with 17,500 miles from new it's now crept up to 18,400 from new with full history  :)

Hi mate, how you doing? Been meaning to let you know got one of the new bumpers I got from you after the Errol show, fitted on to my Cav looks a lot better now. Used the GM original plastic part with my metal bar. Sticks out at sides a bit at the moment,  but looks good and square on the front. How's your car going? It's looking good  :)

  • Author

How you doing James am good thanks , good to hear you got the bumper on. Cars going well mate heading to the lady bank show next week with it , are you going?

  • CLUB MEMBER

You'll give Daz a run for his money with that car.....v clean (and green).

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 6 months later...
  • Author

Awoken today from its 5 months in storage over the winter , connected up the battery and fired into life straight away ,took it a quick run round the block everything working as it should ready to be taxed on the 1st of April ready for the show season 
20160312_141041.jpg
20160312_143353.jpg
20160312_144342.jpg
20160312_145708.jpg

 

Looking good! You're drive way looks clean ::). Unfortunately I don't have a garage to keep mine in I have been starting it every couple of weeks and even in the very cold weather she started straight up. Good strong engines. 

Love the car, and more importantly the colour....that is friggin awesome. You are so lucky to own that so I hope you treasure it. I would love a green car!

I think it will be the star of the show! Especially where originality is concerned. 

  • Author

Steven I took the car to a couple of shows last year where it was awarded 2nd in its class for originality which I was over the moon with , I don't go to shows to win anything I just love driving  the thing and letting other people see it. the colour is always a talking point wherever I go .

20150920_134802_1.jpg

20150920_134817_1.jpg

Edited by chep

Wow that's fantastic! Yeah I am under the same opinion this year will be the first time that I goto any shows I am just happy to be showing my car off for others to enjoy.

 

Edited by Steven715

  • 1 month later...

Hey Cav's looking good mate :) got many shows planned this year? Will you be at Errol this year? 

  • 1 month later...

First time I've noticed this thread and what an awesome cav mate, great to see a mint base spec model, hopefully get to see it in the flesh at some point 

On 3/13/2016, 3:10:50, chep said:

Steven I took the car to a couple of shows last year where it was awarded 2nd in its class for originality which I was over the moon with , I don't go to shows to win anything I just love driving  the thing and letting other people see it. the colour is always a talking point wherever I go .

20150920_134802_1.jpg

20150920_134817_1.jpg

I think exactly the same thing, lovely car :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.