Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All reet from Accrington....newbie

Featured Replies

Thought it'd be rude not to say hello.

Recently got myself a Cabrio. Childhood dream come true. I remember servicing my trusty MK2 saloon 24 years ago (first car) and the pic of the cabby in my Haynes manual (which I still had) used to amaze me. Every time I saw it I'd say to my Dad 'one day I'll own one of those'......well it may be nearly a quarter of a century later but hell yeah, I got one!!!!! Good nick too, 73K miles, 40K of those towed on the back of a motorhome around Europe and then used to go local sightseeing/shopping apparently by last owner who had it for 15 yrs.

Look forward to using this site!!! Already posted in the 'wanted' for a drivers pull handle and an interior courtesy light.

Chin chin....Ash

Hi Ash,

Welcome on board, sure you will enjoy the site, a gold mine of information, and a very friendly, helpful crowd.

Pretty similar story to mine, having owned 11 cavaliers of various forms in the past and always wanting the cabrio, finally found the car l was looking for 2 years ago, and love it to bits. :D

Welcome to the site

  • Author

Cheers for the welcome. Only have one pic at the minute due to the rain!

  • Author

Erm....how do you insert a pic????? Just getting when I click 'insert image'

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome to the site.  Just paste the direct code from photobucket (or similar) within the img's

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Nice! Welcome to the club.

I am breaking a very rotten cabby if you need any bits other than those you have already asked for, both are gone!

Brett

That looks nice, that makes me want to get a drop top

  • Author

Nice! Welcome to the club.

I am breaking a very rotten cabby if you need any bits other than those you have already asked for, both are gone!

Brett

Hi Brett, do you still have the fuse cover? Wasn't really too bothered about this part but if you've got it........?

Yeah it seems to be a really tidy car. The guy I got it off really didn't want to sell it but with a terminal illness he wants to raise money for when he's gone to leave to his family. Sad, but it's gone to a very good home. My mechanic mate couldn't believe the condition of the engine and got all giddy when he saw the original brake lines with no rust or corrosion whatsoever. It had a respray in 2013 (red on red) along with a new hood. Shame I need 4 new tyres, they have as much tread as pretty much the day they were fitted but years old.

Ash

Welcome to the club ,i have the identical cabby  ;D    ,they are lovely in the summer

should have one spare somewhere, not sure it'll have all the clips on it. PM me your address and if I can find one I will post it to you!

Brett

  • Author

I'm loving it! Off work Wed & Thursday and the sun was out, great going topless. Got an interior light off ebay, was listed as an Astra one but looked exactly the same and my hunch was right. Think the handle is sorted cheers to Brett.

Was thinking of doing the power steering mod but after the last 2 days, nah, it's great the way it is!!

I had a cabby with pas ,it was horrible ,and they split the inner wings from the bulkhead more often with pas  ,if you need anything i gave a shed full of cabby bits

Was thinking of doing the power steering mod but after the last 2 days, nah, it's great the way it is!!

If you can live without it I would. Left my SRi without and it's fine to drive.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.