Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread

Featured Replies

Cool. They are pretty well behaved  :)

There be heading home on Saturday after hearing us lot on Friday  :-[

  • Replies 177
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There be heading home on Saturday after hearing us lot on Friday  :-[

LOL yes, Friday night is normally messy. Wonder if anyone can top Tim's effort last year?

LOL yes, Friday night is normally messy. Wonder if anyone can top Tim's effort last year?

That one's gonna take some beating... :-[ :angel: ;D

Presumably one year Im gonna take myself down accidentally, but its not happened yet!!

Even I will bring a Cav. And mines still in a million bits!

That's fighting talk Brett! I've no chance in a cav, and its not looking hopeful in the van either as things stand.....need to buy another cav for £300 like when i got betty, something I can use daily with no headaches!

apologies in advance but may not be bringing a cav this year  :-[

If I'm bringing a tent your bringing a Cav mate!  ;D

Hi there guys I'm new on here & joined as a member on your owners club website even though I own a mk2 Laguna, I used to own Vauxhalls in the past & I haven't been to a show since 2010. The last time I took my own car was in 2009 & I had a silver mk3 Astra 1.6 16v Arctic back then I tried asking the old mk3oc.com I used to be with back then but since owning a Laguna they didn't wanna know. Anyways what I wanted to ask is I don't understand about the bit on how much it will cost on the days I wanna go on Friday night & Saturday night & leave probably early afternoon on Sunday so how much will it cost on those days?

Hi there guys I'm new on here & joined as a member on your owners club website even though I own a mk2 Laguna, I used to own Vauxhalls in the past & I haven't been to a show since 2010. The last time I took my own car was in 2009 & I had a silver mk3 Astra 1.6 16v Arctic back then I tried asking the old mk3oc.com I used to be with back then but since owning a Laguna they didn't wanna know. Anyways what I wanted to ask is I don't understand about the bit on how much it will cost on the days I wanna go on Friday night & Saturday night & leave probably early afternoon on Sunday so how much will it cost on those days?

Welcome. Are you bringing a mk2 along to put on show with us?

I've just booked my pitch for the same timeframe and it was £30.

Welcome. Are you bringing a mk2 along to put on show with us?

I've just booked my pitch for the same timeframe and it was £30.

read his post again matt  :P, welcome buddy, as a member of the site you dont have to own a mk2 cav to attend and camp with us, just ask to be put on the list and im sure one of the mods will add you.

  • CLUB MEMBER

Sorry but I wont be able to make this after all. I don't have reliable transport to come in, two breakdowns in just over a week! French shite vans.  :(

I had one of those, buy a transit.

Sorry but I wont be able to make this after all. I don't have reliable transport to come in, two breakdowns in just over a week! French shite vans.  :(

chris, as your self employed why aren't you leasing a van ?, 100% tax deductable, its a no brainer mate.

I had my vito for 8 years, before I sold it I got 150 tax deductable for depreciation  :o, hence why I now lease, I either pay the tax man the 300 a month or drive a new vw transporter.

  • CLUB MEMBER
chris, as your self employed why aren't you leasing a van ?, 100% tax deductable, its a no brainer mate.

I had my vito for 8 years, before I sold it I got 150 tax deductable for depreciation  :o, hence why I now lease, I either pay the tax man the 300 a month or drive a new vw transporter.

I had my nissan primastar from  new  sold it last year as it cost me thousands each year to fix.. Now I lease a transit custom . Road tax. , tyres and servicing paid for . All for £283 a month inc vat.

well its decision time, new starter motor, dual mass flywheel, clutch etc or new van? anyone know anything about Nissan nv200 vans?

  • CLUB MEMBER

Chris the nv200 is a good all rounder two of my mates have them,good on fuel, cheap to buy, go for the 110bhp model.I almost bought one but ended up leasing a transit custom which im very happy with.

well its decision time, new starter motor, dual mass flywheel, clutch etc or new van? anyone know anything about Nissan nv200 vans?

If it's the second time the starter has gotten farked your probably wasting your money replacing it without doing the flywheel

What would Gordon do?

If self-employed I would look at leasing as Richie said it can be deductable.

I've worked for a lot of transport companies and rule of thumb I have used is Merc for courier work (rust out ofter 6-7 years) and Transit if a tradesman. VW transporters are good for trade but expensive and can be heavy on fuel.

I haven't fitted a starter motor yet, its just some morning its dead till you hit it. In fairness I have had a good run of 3.5 years with just basic servicing to pay for and a couple of tyres, that's what makes the decision to swap it so hard because its basically a good van and some of the second hand stuff out there is proper ropey, a joiner I know bought a used vivaro, gearbox went in the first month £1500, then varying issues after that. If only Vauxhall had made a mk2 cavalier van, it would be so much easier. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.