June 12, 201412 yr comment_201498 Cool. They are pretty well behaved There be heading home on Saturday after hearing us lot on Friday :-[ Report
June 12, 201412 yr comment_201503 There be heading home on Saturday after hearing us lot on Friday :-[LOL yes, Friday night is normally messy. Wonder if anyone can top Tim's effort last year? Report
June 13, 201412 yr comment_201505 LOL yes, Friday night is normally messy. Wonder if anyone can top Tim's effort last year? Report
June 14, 201412 yr comment_201540 Presumably one year Im gonna take myself down accidentally, but its not happened yet!! Report
June 20, 201412 yr comment_201723 apologies in advance but may not be bringing a cav this year :-[ Report
June 20, 201412 yr comment_201746 That's fighting talk Brett! I've no chance in a cav, and its not looking hopeful in the van either as things stand.....need to buy another cav for £300 like when i got betty, something I can use daily with no headaches! Report
June 20, 201412 yr comment_201747 apologies in advance but may not be bringing a cav this year :-[If I'm bringing a tent your bringing a Cav mate! ;D Report
June 20, 201412 yr comment_201748 I'm really looking forward to this year hopefully we can make it a weekend to remember.. (For the right reasons) Report
June 21, 201412 yr comment_201768 Hi there guys I'm new on here & joined as a member on your owners club website even though I own a mk2 Laguna, I used to own Vauxhalls in the past & I haven't been to a show since 2010. The last time I took my own car was in 2009 & I had a silver mk3 Astra 1.6 16v Arctic back then I tried asking the old mk3oc.com I used to be with back then but since owning a Laguna they didn't wanna know. Anyways what I wanted to ask is I don't understand about the bit on how much it will cost on the days I wanna go on Friday night & Saturday night & leave probably early afternoon on Sunday so how much will it cost on those days? Report
June 22, 201412 yr comment_201769 Hi there guys I'm new on here & joined as a member on your owners club website even though I own a mk2 Laguna, I used to own Vauxhalls in the past & I haven't been to a show since 2010. The last time I took my own car was in 2009 & I had a silver mk3 Astra 1.6 16v Arctic back then I tried asking the old mk3oc.com I used to be with back then but since owning a Laguna they didn't wanna know. Anyways what I wanted to ask is I don't understand about the bit on how much it will cost on the days I wanna go on Friday night & Saturday night & leave probably early afternoon on Sunday so how much will it cost on those days?Welcome. Are you bringing a mk2 along to put on show with us?I've just booked my pitch for the same timeframe and it was £30. Report
June 22, 201412 yr comment_201773 Welcome. Are you bringing a mk2 along to put on show with us?I've just booked my pitch for the same timeframe and it was £30.read his post again matt , welcome buddy, as a member of the site you dont have to own a mk2 cav to attend and camp with us, just ask to be put on the list and im sure one of the mods will add you. Report
June 29, 201412 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_201959 Sorry but I wont be able to make this after all. I don't have reliable transport to come in, two breakdowns in just over a week! French shite vans. I had one of those, buy a transit. Report
June 29, 201412 yr comment_201980 Sorry but I wont be able to make this after all. I don't have reliable transport to come in, two breakdowns in just over a week! French shite vans. chris, as your self employed why aren't you leasing a van ?, 100% tax deductable, its a no brainer mate.I had my vito for 8 years, before I sold it I got 150 tax deductable for depreciation , hence why I now lease, I either pay the tax man the 300 a month or drive a new vw transporter. Report
June 29, 201412 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_201982 chris, as your self employed why aren't you leasing a van ?, 100% tax deductable, its a no brainer mate.I had my vito for 8 years, before I sold it I got 150 tax deductable for depreciation , hence why I now lease, I either pay the tax man the 300 a month or drive a new vw transporter.I had my nissan primastar from new sold it last year as it cost me thousands each year to fix.. Now I lease a transit custom . Road tax. , tyres and servicing paid for . All for £283 a month inc vat. Report
June 29, 201412 yr comment_201987 we'll get in trouble for posting here, so i'll go to the chat thread. Report
July 2, 201412 yr comment_202100 well its decision time, new starter motor, dual mass flywheel, clutch etc or new van? anyone know anything about Nissan nv200 vans? Report
July 3, 201412 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_202107 Chris the nv200 is a good all rounder two of my mates have them,good on fuel, cheap to buy, go for the 110bhp model.I almost bought one but ended up leasing a transit custom which im very happy with. Report
July 3, 201412 yr comment_202110 well its decision time, new starter motor, dual mass flywheel, clutch etc or new van? anyone know anything about Nissan nv200 vans?If it's the second time the starter has gotten farked your probably wasting your money replacing it without doing the flywheel What would Gordon do? Report
July 3, 201412 yr comment_202113 If self-employed I would look at leasing as Richie said it can be deductable.I've worked for a lot of transport companies and rule of thumb I have used is Merc for courier work (rust out ofter 6-7 years) and Transit if a tradesman. VW transporters are good for trade but expensive and can be heavy on fuel. Report
July 3, 201412 yr comment_202115 I haven't fitted a starter motor yet, its just some morning its dead till you hit it. In fairness I have had a good run of 3.5 years with just basic servicing to pay for and a couple of tyres, that's what makes the decision to swap it so hard because its basically a good van and some of the second hand stuff out there is proper ropey, a joiner I know bought a used vivaro, gearbox went in the first month £1500, then varying issues after that. If only Vauxhall had made a mk2 cavalier van, it would be so much easier. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.