September 30, 20179 yr comment_215888 My first cavalier was a blue hatchback reg WHA 259x I often wonder where it is now. Or if it's even on the road still. Dvla hold no records of it. Wish I could find the pics of it to post but no luck so far. It was the best car I've ever owned had some great holidays in it, and it had so much done, always regret selling it. What was everybody else's first cavalier. Story's would be nice to see. Report
September 30, 20179 yr comment_215889 I actually found a picture of my first cav the other day, it was an 88 Ascona Sprint in starmist black What would Gordon do? Report
September 30, 20179 yr Author comment_215891 27 minutes ago, Frisco said: I actually found a picture of my first cav the other day, it was an 88 Ascona Sprint in starmist black Would be nice to see if you could post it frisco. Report
September 30, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215892 Yellow one was my first + current one! Kelvin, that story is well known - but if we catch up at a meet I'll tell it! Basically mum died when 10 (28 yrs ago now) it was hers from new, and I fought to keep the cav as a nipper. Report
September 30, 20179 yr Author comment_215893 1 hour ago, andy said: Yellow one was my first + current one! Kelvin, that story is well known - but if we catch up at a meet I'll tell it! Basically mum died when 10 (28 yrs ago now) it was hers from new, and I fought to keep the cav as a nipper. Some very nice motors you got there. Report
October 1, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215895 11 hours ago, Frisco said: I actually found a picture of my first cav the other day, it was an 88 Ascona Sprint in starmist black Needs to be seen! Report
October 1, 20179 yr comment_215896 2 hours ago, andy said: Needs to be seen! He has a black cav now that he needs to find! Report
October 1, 20179 yr comment_215897 4 hours ago, Paul said: He has a black cav now that he needs to find! You can't talk munt you don't remember what yours look like 😂👍 Report
October 1, 20179 yr comment_215902 I see the current black one every day since it was moved outside the workshop to make way for an Astra F GL What would Gordon do? Report
October 1, 20179 yr comment_215905 On 30/09/2017 at 20:25, Kelvin berry said: My first cavalier was a blue hatchback reg WHA 259x I often wonder where it is now. Or if it's even on the road still. Dvla hold no records of it. I put the reg into the DVLA vehicle check - Tax ran out in October 1995 so highly likely to have been recycled. Report
October 1, 20179 yr Author comment_215906 41 minutes ago, SteveL said: I put the reg into the DVLA vehicle check - Tax ran out in October 1995 so highly likely to have been recycled. If that's true I hope that she saved a lot of cavaliers from the same fate. Report
October 2, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215910 The club has woken up.....nice poke Kelvin. My first cavalier was my granddads commander special ed. It was rotten and had to be scrapped in 1998. I still remember the image of the scrap yard claw picking it up and then I removed the wheels....sad times. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
October 2, 20179 yr Author comment_215915 2 hours ago, Greg said: The club has woken up.....nice poke Kelvin. My first cavalier was my granddads commander special ed. It was rotten and had to be scrapped in 1998. I still remember the image of the scrap yard claw picking it up and then I removed the wheels....sad times. I know what you mean , I can still remember the last time I saw my old cavalier driving away up the road after I sold it, I went back in the house and felt really sad and wanted it back .. But not as bad as watching it being scrapped. . Think I would have cried at that.... Report
October 3, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215927 I already had bought my white LX by then so it was bitter sweet. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
October 3, 20179 yr Author comment_215930 5 hours ago, Greg said: I already had bought my white LX by then so it was bitter sweet. It always helps if you have a new project to occupy your time. Report
October 4, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215940 What about first pranged / crashed MK2 with pics? I've not done it myself, but was passenger in reasonably gnarly one once. Was a parchment beige 1.6L cavalier hatch when I was about 20. Got a if of the bonnet which was 1ft long after the altercation with a granite wall and a Spinout.. well going through it.. have a pic somewhere! Report
October 4, 20179 yr Author comment_215942 9 hours ago, andy said: What about first pranged / crashed MK2 with pics? I've not done it myself, but was passenger in reasonably gnarly one once. Was a parchment beige 1.6L cavalier hatch when I was about 20. Got a if of the bonnet which was 1ft long after the altercation with a granite wall and a Spinout.. well going through it.. have a pic somewhere! I've had one run into while I was in my garden, thankfully the guy knocked on my door and admitted it, was a bit peeved ad I'd just got her through the mot and getting ready to go the body shop for respray, I didn't think it was that bad but the insurance wrote it off. Report
October 6, 20179 yr comment_215983 My first cavalier was a white 1:6 hatch with a red interior ,frj947y, which almost used more oil than petrol!. It had scirrocco wheels on it. My next was an Opel ascona q702jfj/htt218y with over 300,00miles on it plus a bodykit I still haven't identified in henna red. I used a few bits from the first cav on the Opel. I then had a silver Opel ascona which was written off by a joy rider. Report
October 6, 20179 yr Author comment_215990 1 hour ago, jan the man said: My first cavalier was a white 1:6 hatch with a red interior ,frj947y, which almost used more oil than petrol!. It had scirrocco wheels on it. My next was an Opel ascona q702jfj/htt218y with over 300,00miles on it plus a bodykit I still haven't identified in henna red. I used a few bits from the first cav on the Opel. I then had a silver Opel ascona which was written off by a joy rider. Joyriders ,, the surge of the roads, a nice set of cars you had. Report
October 6, 20179 yr comment_215994 My first cav was a white saloon on a d reg. Bought it of a neighbour for £70 as an mot failure. Called in a couple of favours and it was soon mot'd. Needed a few bits doing but mainly an exhaust. took it to my local tyre and exhaust place who despite having all the different versions in stock couldn't make an exhaust fit of the peg but did a cut and shut for me. Turned out to be a petrol car converted to diesel....and the vin tags on the slam panel were missing as well. Kept it a few months and sold it on. Report
October 6, 20179 yr Author comment_215995 16 minutes ago, chris m said: My first cav was a white saloon on a d reg. Bought it of a neighbour for £70 as an mot failure. Called in a couple of favours and it was soon mot'd. Needed a few bits doing but mainly an exhaust. took it to my local tyre and exhaust place who despite having all the different versions in stock couldn't make an exhaust fit of the peg but did a cut and shut for me. Turned out to be a petrol car converted to diesel....and the vin tags on the slam panel were missing as well. Kept it a few months and sold it on. Always great working on a car when you don't know what you need. Report
October 7, 20179 yr comment_215996 morning, here's my cav history, my 1st was a 1300 4 door, in autumn gold. B660NLX, supplied new from Normand Heathrow to a whiskey distiller. I fitted most of the gl bits like steering wheel, electric mirrors, rev counter, boot release and sri spoiler.... being 17! lasted me just under a year, when I found no.2 for sale, E235FJU, 1.8 Li, another 4 door in Nordic blue. Supplied new by erringtons Evington on a 3year contract, car featured in the 92 stylistic graphics brouchure, something to do with petrolon who I believe marketed slick 50? I fitted a rev counter, boot spoiler, golf mk2 steel 14" wheels with astra "f" si trims. Then, a year later an advert in the local rag led me to no. 3, my calibre F68LUT which obviously is a 4 door too, (pattern emerging here) this was supplied new from Batchelor Bowles Leicester, to a wood yard in mkt harbourough. I also bought an E reg 1.6 l to use for a week while my vectras gearbox was being repaired, gave 15 quid for it, with tax and mot!! also bought a D reg hatch, just for the heater motor, I say bought, actually was the cost of a weatherspoons burger, a bargain. these 2 were moved on and used for spares, FJU was parked up for 3-4 years outside a terraced house in Aylestone, presumed scrapped, NLX was stolen in 1994 and abandoned on a park in Leicester, so the nice police man told me at 6am one sunday! and so far, LUT survives......... Report
October 7, 20179 yr Author comment_215999 3 hours ago, vxcalibre said: morning, here's my cav history, my 1st was a 1300 4 door, in autumn gold. B660NLX, supplied new from Normand Heathrow to a whiskey distiller. I fitted most of the gl bits like steering wheel, electric mirrors, rev counter, boot release and sri spoiler.... being 17! lasted me just under a year, when I found no.2 for sale, E235FJU, 1.8 Li, another 4 door in Nordic blue. Supplied new by erringtons Evington on a 3year contract, car featured in the 92 stylistic graphics brouchure, something to do with petrolon who I believe marketed slick 50? I fitted a rev counter, boot spoiler, golf mk2 steel 14" wheels with astra "f" si trims. Then, a year later an advert in the local rag led me to no. 3, my calibre F68LUT which obviously is a 4 door too, (pattern emerging here) this was supplied new from Batchelor Bowles Leicester, to a wood yard in mkt harbourough. I also bought an E reg 1.6 l to use for a week while my vectras gearbox was being repaired, gave 15 quid for it, with tax and mot!! also bought a D reg hatch, just for the heater motor, I say bought, actually was the cost of a weatherspoons burger, a bargain. these 2 were moved on and used for spares, FJU was parked up for 3-4 years outside a terraced house in Aylestone, presumed scrapped, NLX was stolen in 1994 and abandoned on a park in Leicester, so the nice police man told me at 6am one sunday! and so far, LUT survives......... You gotta love the police in Leicester, they knocked me up onemorning to inform me that my neighbour had got lost....... Other than that they're totally usless. But your cav history is great, are you local to leics I may have seen them knocking about. Report
October 7, 20179 yr comment_216006 5 hours ago, Kelvin berry said: You gotta love the police in Leicester, they knocked me up onemorning to inform me that my neighbour had got lost....... Other than that they're totally usless. But your cav history is great, are you local to leics I may have seen them knocking about. the Leicester police, useless would be an improvement! I'm south of the city, Cavs been locked away since 2010 but spent many years terrorising the tarmac in wigston, the 1st owner was in Medbourne, and 2nd in Anstey. Report
October 7, 20178 yr Author comment_216013 1 hour ago, vxcalibre said: the Leicester police, useless would be an improvement! I'm south of the city, Cavs been locked away since 2010 but spent many years terrorising the tarmac in wigston, the 1st owner was in Medbourne, and 2nd in Anstey. Not a million miles from me mate I'm only just off j2 off the 69... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.