Everything posted by vxcalibre
-
Mk2 convertible in need of some restoration
off topic... my dad had a midnight blue astra 3 door, was some sort of dealer special called eclipse, they did 6 of them, had the sri spoiler and white wheel trims and a white coach line with eclipse on the wing.
-
Right then...
27 years! First thoughts are of Concorde's term in service being the same... So, my boiler, and mk2cav.com outlived the old speedbird
-
Mk2 convertible in need of some restoration
Looks nice, especially with the '87 skirts. back in 1993 I almost bought a steel grey E plate with a flattened back end, sadly the insurer was slow to pay the owner and I needed a car, so picked up my Calibre
-
My Mk2 Cavalier
Fuel diaphragm thing... dont forget the BOSCH application guide listed BMW injected units from the same years, widens the search pool
-
Estonian Ascona C Irmscher 88'
This looks amazing. Inspiring! one day... i might just get the mig welder out and start mine
-
The Green ‘Un
- The Green ‘Un
I hated scraping speed humps everywhere, and think you now need a bit of suspension travel for UK roads. That said, it's great to be able to brake later, turn tighter and the looks too. Just need a chiropractor on speed dial- Hello everyone
So Greg has the earths LX resources, and you have monopolised red rag tops😀 that'll keep you busy...- Hello everyone
Looks great just outside! Keep us updated on the strip, hope she's not too bad beneath... My poor old thing has become a storage rack for paint tins, BBQ tools and enough plaster for a modest home renovation! Over the years Ive tipped a full back light set because some 'chrome' was wearing thin, full set of glass when I thought of midnight tints, hens teeth LXi door cards (bought for the storage bins), pair of front indicators because of overspray you'd never see, and the 8K version clock set from a GTE probably tops the lot!- Hello everyone
welcome back to Calibre ownership, HHK I assume...- New to the group
something about the 87 lower skirts on the saloon, and that lower lip was made for the mk11🤩- New to the group
Borbet 'A' is the way forward. Something else I should have bought in a previous life selling wheels🤣- New to the group
Morning Mark, one of my regrets was not buying a cab, long story short I was too impatient and ended up with a saloon- Cav L 17k miles from New project!
Cool motor. Tailpipe reminds me of my old Piper Tornado- New owner of a Mk2 - A32LTM
the trick with the steering wheel is NOT to remove the nut completely, leave it on a couple of threads or you can end up smacked in the face...- Vaux All Gaydon
Couldnt get to Gaydon on the day, but went yesterday. Been about 7 years since the last visit, so nice to see some new displays, seems the Luton heritage cars are on the mezz floor including their Lotus Carlton. WHY didn't I buy one when I had chance to??? to be fair, on reflection it would probably have sat unused and caught tinworm from the rot box...- Vaux All Gaydon
I really wish the old rot box had sills, and maybe an MOT 🤣- Vaux All Gaydon
Museum is actually really good, well worth a visit- Cav L 17k miles from New project!
MOT exempt sir? Old 4 door has to be my favourite, less rattles...- Vauxhall Cavalier 1982 1.6 SR Hatch
thats a rare find, even has an accessory passenger door mirror, proper 80's car😀 have you considered someone like powerflow to fabricate an exhaust?- Rear arch!
Ha. I've got more rust around the fuel flap than you🤣- Under bonnet connector?
Thanks Frisco! The amount of time that's been plugged into Tech1 and I'd forgotten all about it...- Under bonnet connector?
Hi all, this is a little embarrassing, I've forgotten what a connector is for under the bonnet... Next to the washer bottle, with the RON plug and fuel relay loom. It doesn't go anywhere but has a link fitted/plugged in. Any ideas what it's for appreciated. It's an 88 2.0 SEH- New Member, New Cav Owner, Long-Term Monza Owner!
Wow, I'd actually forgotten about those door satchells... Pal had some in an early SR saloon (probably liberated from the scrap yard)- New Member, New Cav Owner, Long-Term Monza Owner!
Unobtainium! Yes, thats the material🤣 - The Green ‘Un