May 4, 201511 yr comment_207939 Hey guys!My name is Viktor and this is my project. Still not ready yet but it's in process...Hoping to see finally assembled quite soon.Course some pics of my car.Engine 20SEH+Lexmaul, -35 Vogtland kit. LCD dashboard and many other specs..P.S. on the last pic also mine Vectra It nice to find comrades, cause in Russia with years has become quite complicated to find this car.. Report
May 4, 201511 yr comment_207940 fantastic dude! looks really good!, keep those pictures coming. Report
May 4, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_207943 Wow!! You are making BIG progress!! What made you decide to go for Irmscher in Russia? Have you always wanted one? Great progress! Report
May 5, 201511 yr Author comment_207945 It excited me from the first sight!Irmscher is looking gorgeous in my opinion,especialy on good wheels/ I started looking for an Irmscher kit and finally found one in another region, damaged after a car crash but still it was full. Then I bought an engine and that how this project have started) Report
May 5, 201511 yr comment_207948 that looks really nice, borbets always look good with the Irmscher kit. really impressed by the level of work done.Is that a rear strut brace fitted, if so do you have any more pictures? Report
May 5, 201511 yr Author comment_207949 You're right!bought a Wiechers strut brace and modified it.And lower anchorage Report
May 5, 201511 yr Author comment_207959 I love that. glad to hear.It's quite easy to make it yourself Report
May 6, 201511 yr comment_207974 Hello Viktor and welcome to the site,must say your car looks very good. I did not know they were available in Russia. Report
May 6, 201511 yr Author comment_207977 In my opinion all Asconas' in Russia were imported not officially. Allover the country we have a couple of Sprints. Report
June 22, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_208699 Looks good Viktor....its great to see people globally enjoying these cars 8) Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
July 6, 20179 yr Author comment_215533 Hi comrades. My Ascona is still alive though it was an accident in september 2015.. Unfortunately half of the engine area burned out, that's why I was almost two years out of business, but now we are on the road again. C20XE installed,a lot of work has been done to get it back on wheels and I'm very happy, though much time I've lost) Also have new 288mm front discs and calipers from Vectra B. Report
July 6, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215534 Viktor, great dedication.....nice job Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
July 6, 20179 yr Author comment_215535 1 minute ago, Greg said: Viktor, great dedication.....nice job Thank you, hope that now I'll have less problems and all my plans on car will start to come true. I can say I have so much in my mind on future to do with it...))) Report
July 6, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215537 looking good victor!!!! Can't help but like the irmscher kitted Cavalier/Ascona. Big love.. Report
July 9, 20179 yr comment_215548 That,s one fine looking motor a lot of time must have gone into making it look so good. I would think not many survive in Russia due to the bad weather, do they cover the roads with salt and grit like they do over here when we have frost or snow ? How is the parts availability in Russia ? Many parts are rare over here mainly trim etc and prices have risen the last few years, i would imagine that parts must be very hard for you to find and you probably have to buy from other countries. Report
July 10, 20179 yr Author comment_215551 12 hours ago, neilsri130 said: That,s one fine looking motor a lot of time must have gone into making it look so good. I would think not many survive in Russia due to the bad weather, do they cover the roads with salt and grit like they do over here when we have frost or snow ? How is the parts availability in Russia ? Many parts are rare over here mainly trim etc and prices have risen the last few years, i would imagine that parts must be very hard for you to find and you probably have to buy from other countries. Yes, unfortunately very few cars are still on the road, in Russia about 5 as far as know, also about 2-3 in Belarus and Estonia. The weather conditions are not quite good? especially in Saint-Petesburg, that's why I only have a ride in summer. In winter our salty road will kill it. Up to this time I think we dont have problems with spare parts, may be only with body and some specific parts...Some rare parts I have bought in Poland, but still they are possible to find in Russia like LCD dashboard,front and rear original electrical window lifts and some others. For example, I have a spare front Irmscher bumper, also saw some Irmscher kits on sale. Report
September 4, 20179 yr Author comment_215751 Small update! Ascona got its final look. I've been waiting for this moment for 5 years and I am very proud of the job I'd done. In plans to refresh the seats with new fabric close to original. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.