Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russian Irmscher

Featured Replies

Hey guys!

My name is Viktor and this is my project. Still not ready yet but it's in process...Hoping to see finally assembled quite soon.

Course some pics of my car.

Engine 20SEH+Lexmaul, -35 Vogtland kit. LCD dashboard and many other specs..

adeaba2s-960.jpg

37ad4e2s-960.jpg

7d0d4e2s-960.jpg

b24fd02s-960.jpg

ceeaba2s-960.jpg

P.S. on the last pic also mine Vectra B)

It nice to find comrades, cause in Russia with years has become quite complicated to find this car..

  • Author

It excited me from the first sight!Irmscher is looking gorgeous in my opinion,especialy on good wheels/ I started looking for an Irmscher kit and finally found one in another region, damaged after a car crash but still it was full. Then I bought an engine and that how  this project have started)

that looks really nice, borbets always look good with the Irmscher kit. really impressed by the level of work done.

Is that a rear strut brace fitted, if so do you have any more pictures?

  • Author

You're right!

bought a Wiechers strut brace and modified it.

58dcd94s-960.jpg

26dcd94s-480.jpg

And lower anchorage

eddcd94s-480.jpg

Hello Viktor and welcome to the site,must say your car looks very good. I did not know they were available in Russia.

  • Author

In my opinion all Asconas' in Russia were imported not officially. Allover the country we have a couple of Sprints.

  • 1 month later...
  • CLUB MEMBER

Looks good Viktor....its great to see people globally enjoying these cars 8)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 2 years later...
  • Author

Hi comrades. My Ascona is still alive though it was an accident in september 2015.. Unfortunately half of the engine area burned out, that's why I was almost two years out of business, but now we are on the road again.

C20XE installed,a lot of work has been done to get it back on wheels and I'm very happy, though much time I've lost)

Also have new 288mm front discs and calipers from Vectra B.

P70702-171018(1).jpg

P70630-191928(1).jpg

  • CLUB MEMBER

Viktor, great dedication.....nice job

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author
1 minute ago, Greg said:

Viktor, great dedication.....nice job

Thank you, hope that now I'll have less problems and all my plans on car will start to come true. I can say I have so much in my mind on future to do with it...)))

  • CLUB MEMBER

looking good victor!!!! Can't help but like the irmscher kitted Cavalier/Ascona. Big love..

That,s one fine looking motor a lot of time must have gone into making it look so good.  I would think not many survive in Russia due to the bad weather, do they cover the roads with salt and grit like they do over here when we have frost or snow ? 

How is the parts availability in Russia ? Many parts are rare over here mainly trim etc and prices have risen the last few years, i would imagine that parts must be very hard for you to find and you probably have to buy from other countries.

  • Author
12 hours ago, neilsri130 said:

That,s one fine looking motor a lot of time must have gone into making it look so good.  I would think not many survive in Russia due to the bad weather, do they cover the roads with salt and grit like they do over here when we have frost or snow ? 

How is the parts availability in Russia ? Many parts are rare over here mainly trim etc and prices have risen the last few years, i would imagine that parts must be very hard for you to find and you probably have to buy from other countries.

Yes, unfortunately very few cars are still on the road, in Russia about 5 as far as know, also about 2-3 in Belarus and Estonia. The weather conditions are not quite good? especially in Saint-Petesburg, that's why I only have a ride in summer. In winter our salty road will kill it.

Up to this time I think we dont have problems with spare parts, may be only with body and some specific parts...Some rare parts I have bought in Poland, but still they are possible to find in Russia like LCD dashboard,front and rear original electrical window lifts and some others. For example, I have a spare front Irmscher bumper, also saw some Irmscher kits on sale.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Small update! Ascona got its final look. I've been waiting for this moment for 5 years and I am very proud of the job I'd done. In plans to refresh the seats with new fabric close to original.

9204139s-1920.jpg

f804139s-960.jpg

f604139s-960.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.