August 29, 201313 yr comment_191704 hi I'm a new member from newcastle,I've just bought a mk2 cavalier saloon it was originally a 1.6L but has a c20xe in it.body work is good but needs a lot of work to the interior and the wiring tidied.i'll be posting questions as i get further on its been almost 20 years since I've owned a mk2 cavalierUploaded with ImageShack.us Report
August 29, 201313 yr Author comment_191708 Thank andyf21, looks like a cracking site loads of info to keep me busy Report
August 29, 201313 yr comment_191711 Is this the one that was on eBay in Swansea? Welcome to the site mate Report
August 29, 201313 yr comment_191712 Welcome mate was this the cav on eBay a couple weeks back I saw it thought it was was watching it Report
August 29, 201313 yr Author comment_191713 Yes it was the one from Swansea.810mile round trip,that was a long day Report
August 29, 201313 yr comment_191714 i was gonna say thats a bloody long trip from Newcastle, glad to hear it was worth the miles thou Report
August 29, 201313 yr Author comment_191715 Its was a bit rougher than he described on the phone but knocked him down on price Report
August 29, 201313 yr comment_191718 iF you don't mind me asking how much you get it for mate looks good I like it keep us all posted on it Report
August 29, 201313 yr Author comment_191719 No problem it was £1400 like I say body work is close to mint there was no interior just 2 vectra b gsi front seats with no runners on and the engine is a bit rough Report
August 29, 201313 yr comment_191720 Shouldn't be to much to sort out then hopefully that's alright Report
August 29, 201313 yr Author comment_191721 The only thing I'm finding daunting is there's no head lining not to sure how it goes up its been 20 years since I've been in a mk2 can't remember what it looks like, I've nothing to work from Report
August 29, 201313 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_191722 Someone will have a rough one to use as a template and people have them made up brand new from that. Brett on here had just that done and I think I'll need one for the Ched. Report
August 29, 201313 yr Author comment_191727 Its not so much getting the head lining it's the fitting it from the torn little bits left around the windscreen it looks like it tucks right under windscreen seal, thats the only bit left I've no clue how it attaches to the back there nothing there at all Report
August 29, 201313 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_191728 Hello Gordon, the car looks good. Welcome to the mad house 8) Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
August 29, 201313 yr Author comment_191729 A big thanks for the warm welcome looking forward to next few weeks sorting my mk 2 Report
August 30, 201313 yr Author comment_191739 I'll post some pictures up of the engine when I get the laptop of the kids Report
August 30, 201313 yr Author comment_191742 I'll put some better pictures up in a few days . I've got the wife's corsa to sort out first, new struts, , springs, wishbones, track control arms drop links the lot.busy day for me tomorrow Report
August 30, 201313 yr comment_191744 [img width=576 height=1024]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss348/MattO-SRi_2009/w2jp1_zpscc8c3a99.png Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.