Everything posted by davedave
-
Monza Meet In Penzance 26-29 May - Cavalier Owners Welcome!
This may well be up my street. I’ve got a basic spec mk2 rhd Ascona saloon 2 door, Sr 2 door saloon Ascona a carlton and a Monaro. best news is I’m only in Redruth.
-
Hello from Black Forest - Germany
Be nice tonsee another 2 door. Email me your pics and ill host them for you. Davestrickland@rocketmail.com
-
Rolling Road Day 9th May
No rooms at the inn for saturday night. But some how if you book friday as well then there is. But its £122!!
-
Convertible Cavalier - Free to a good home - Cirencester
Good man/men?
-
Convertible Cavalier - Free to a good home - Cirencester
I'm more than happy to collect and turn it into a summer car Little project over the winter.?
-
Retro Rides Gathering 2014
after looking through 500 YES 500 pictures of the show i only had 2 a few of the mk2 cavs but here they are [img width=800 height=535]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/cossykiller/DSC_0302_zpsca4761e6.jpg [img width=800 height=535]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/cossykiller/DSC_0293_zps0f88055b.jpg [img width=800 height=535]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/cossykiller/DSC_0059_zps538fa565.jpg
-
Retro Rides Gathering 2014
Just got home (11.30) Passed Ogg with his roof down Lambo And steffi We were in the white c1 Cars looked awesome in convy Was a great show Great cars Sun Burnt my head But I still think Prescott is a better venue. Really enjoyed it I'll get some pics up once I've taken them off the camera
-
Hello from France !
This came from France It's being restored this year. Got to love a 2 door [img width=800 height=600]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/cossykiller/2%20door%20cavalier%20SR/107PHOTO/SAM_7411_zps23ea18cf.jpg
-
Red mk2 cav
Yeah that one looks a big photoshopped to me, I can see it now Cheers Paul, Just seen it's a 2 door
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
Hope you feel better mateI HATE tooth aches and back pain Anything else I can just about handle But back aches not funny
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
Got a box Lambos saved the day........have I got time though???
-
VBOA Billing 2014 Chat thread
No billing for hearing aid In short, I blew the gearbox last week, got another f16 and fitted it tonight. Went for a test drive and yep lovely all sorted. Had a tear up on the way home BRAAAA lost fith AGAIN and plenty of noise. So gentle drive home, pulled out the cluster while it's still Fucn hot! Only other cluster we have is a f18 but after a few hours of very mid swear words later we realize it's isn't going to work. So it's sitting in the garage sulking and waiting for a f28 now. I'll chuck another f16 in it for the euro trip though but looks like I'm missing billing in it and possibly retro rides in it.
-
Red mk2 cav
Ha ha Getting less and less cars at the mo Just sold Goldie 2x 200sx nissans George the blue Sri on xe and 45's went in April Only got the 2 door (being worked on) Sri saloon 130 and hearing aid. Oh and the mk1 cav xe 2.0 sporthatch. One day as my sig says LOL
-
Red mk2 cav
I saw that And also there's no wishbone etc inside under the drivers side front arch
-
Red mk2 cav
Hope it is Paul How do you know it's photo shopped?
-
Red mk2 cav
[img width=800 height=450]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/cossykiller/SRi%20130/95AC8734-C08F-4659-A598-717C092EA575_zpsvci3kjgv.png Well nearly a cav Bloody been done now I was well slow Too much talking Too many projects Not enough motivation
-
Turbo on Gumtree
Team work lol about right though. Yep that's the one Greg, it has a special place in my sleeper heart. Lol
-
Turbo on Gumtree
That's very safely at home with me now It was retro Cavs (Chris) I bought it about 5 years ago as a xe on porsche rim. I painted it, smoothed the bay, fitted the seats and turbo engine but never finished it. Chris bought it back done a real nice job of finishing it and I've just bought it again today!
-
Retro Show @ Santa Pod 22nd June
Yep On route to collect it now:) 2 doors still coming on But Goldie's going up for sale
-
Retro Show @ Santa Pod 22nd June
A little bit closer but you'd right not that much, I thought you were closer to Bristol than that. Your cav will look awsome against another turbo cav at the pod
-
Retro Show @ Santa Pod 22nd June
WTF! It's on your door step compared to me. Looks like I might be going up in a fast retro now.........
-
Retro Show @ Santa Pod 22nd June
yep im going there then. nothing retro though as i got nothing fast retro. ill be taking the good old 75+mpg C1
-
What tow car.
Never going to see change out of £2000 fuel full up on that truck let alone purchase price. Lol Ute and monaro to expensive. So far it Still looks like a £2k Audi S8. Bit of power, 340bhp but 1800kgs 4x4 so plenty of traction. Good Family car is a bonus but not a necessity. 20ish mpg (same as a diesel doing about 35mpg if you take in wear and Tare, service costings and more expensive fuel).
-
What tow car.
RWD Volvo 940, 2.0 turbo but auto, played with from 165 to 200bhp The subaru was a legacy Paul. I Had a 2.5L 4 cylinder and a 3.0L 6 cylinder. Nice workhorse but not so silky smooth as I'm after nowadays. The H6 is about 240bhp powerfull, torquy but on airbag suspension it was a bit wolloy.
-
What tow car.
really don't want derv would rather pay a bit more in fuel for a luxury cruise and less repair bills a mate just had to pay £1100 to have his high pressure pump repaired and that had done 85k miles! it will be used about 10 times a year MAX for towing but id love something big and cruisey.looked at 4x4 but na ive had a muso sangyung (was good but SLOOOOOWWWWW) and a range rover 4.2 petrol and that was clumsy and not my thing. the Volvo was about my favourite tow car but they are a bit too old now, the newer ones are fwd, and big 4x4 ones are out of my budget. approx. £2000