Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Glenn-130

NON MEMBER
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Glenn-130

  1. Glenn-130 replied to fastlane's topic in NEW USERS
    Very nice. Reminds me of my black 130 saloon..
  2. Nice to see that Cav is still about and getting some TLC. It used to be fairly local to me (Fife) and I saw it out and about only a few weeks ago when the previous owner still had it. Sadly, the lad who owned it, Adam, passed away a couple of weeks ago after a serious accident in his Nova.
  3. Glenn-130 replied to Gordon's topic in NEW USERS
    Hi and welcome. Car looks great. 8)
  4. I'm hoping to put in an appearance next year, even if it is in the Vectra.
  5. Glenn-130 replied to gav.'s topic in NEW USERS
    Where in Scotland are you?
  6. Glenn-130 replied to gav.'s topic in NEW USERS
    Hi and welcome. Sounds like you have the makings of a nice car. He says the original colour, so being a Commander it will be silver.
  7. Did anyone take any pics of this? 8)
  8. Glenn-130 replied to hixey's topic in NEW USERS
    Hi and welcome! Your Cav will look sweet when it's done. Helios blue mid specs look great.
  9. Glenn-130 replied to a post in a topic in CLUB EVENTS
    Great pics Matt. Loving the Cavaliers (obviously! ). Nice photo of the British Telecom HA vans. I can remember when they were a common sight on the roads..
  10. 91? Wow, that is a long time. Still, if it's saveable it's worth the effort. 130 is a rare breed these days. I wish someone would find my old saloon somewhere. It's not been on the road since 2001 apparently..
  11. Nice one on finding a black 130. Is it saloon or hatch. Pics when you get it, regardless of condition.
  12. Glenn-130 replied to gazzez-cav's topic in NEW USERS
    Welcome along. Looks like a nice clean Cabby. I'm in Sheffield and Barnsley a lot with work. Will have to keep an eye out for your Cav.
  13. What he said.. Nice looking Cav, hope it goes to someone who will look after it.
  14. Nice models there. I'd like a 130 model but they didn't make saloons..
  15. If it's beyond saving then get it reshelled. 130's are few and far between!
  16. Good luck, you're going to need it. Stick with it tho, 130's are few and far between. Wish my old one would turn up somewhere, apparently it's been off the road since 2001. Would be nice to know it wasn't turned into soup tins..
  17. Hi Bruno, your car looks stunning in shiny red. I also like the 89 classic SE you posted. Looks very much like the CDi models from UK. A couple of rot free brazilian shells would be ideal for bringing old rotten Cavs back from the dead! **Edit** Is that air con plumbing I spy in the engine bay? [img width=480 height=320]http://quatrorodas.abril.com.br/imagem/571_brasileiros_03.jpg
  18. Hi and welcome. Remember to get pics when you get it.
  19. Welcome to the site. Post up some pics of the car. I've got a bit of a thing for black 130 saloons. Really miss my old one..
  20. Glenn-130 replied to tazz666's topic in NEW USERS
    How beyond repair is the MK2 though? Have a look at Greg and Rabbit's efforts in the projects section and and see just how far people go to save Cavs from the crusher. Welcome BTW.
  21. Glenn-130 replied to racer47's topic in NEW USERS
    Is the 130 saloon black by any chance? I'm trying to track down my old one, which according to DVLA has been untaxed since 2001.. I traded it in at a garage in Edinburgh area in 1997 so it could well have ended up down your way. Keep us posted on how you get on.
  22. Nice one. What year/plate/colour??
  23. I have to agree that the 2.0ne was a decent engine. During the time I had my 130, my dad had a GLi and a CDi and they weren't too far away from the 130 as far as performance was concerned. His GLi was particularly quick, and after he put a K&N on it it was all the better. As far as I know, it still lives on somewhere in Scotland, which is more than can be said for the CDi which died of rot long ago.
  24. Glenn-130 posted a topic in NEW USERS
    Hi all, just thought i'd say hello. It's been 11 long years since I had my last MK2. I had 2 MK2's, an '86 platinum 1.8 SRi saloon on a D plate (pre 87 facelift), and an '87 black SRi130 saloon on an E plate. I sold the 1.8 to my bro who sold it soon after to a bloke who killed it , then I eventually traded my 130 for a Mondeo 2.0Si (don't hate me!!) and have had 4 Mondeos since. I'm now considering getting another MK2 saloon (130 preferred) as I miss my old 130. Finally, VERY long shot here - has anybody owned, or know of E437SWX black SRi130 saloon? DVLA reckon it's been unlicensed since 2001 so it's probably lone gone, but it could be rotting in somebody's drive/garden etc...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.