Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

new member

Featured Replies

hi I'm a new member from newcastle,I've just bought a mk2 cavalier saloon it was originally a 1.6L but has a c20xe in it.body work is good but needs a lot of work to the interior and the wiring tidied.i'll be posting questions as i get further on its been almost 20 years since I've owned a mk2 cavalier

gnfa.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  • Author

Thank andyf21, looks like a cracking site loads of info to keep me busy

Welcome mate was this the cav on eBay a couple weeks back I saw it thought it was was watching it

  • Author

Yes it was the one from Swansea.810mile round trip,that was a long day

  • Author

Its was a bit rougher than he described on the phone but knocked him down on price

iF you don't mind me asking how much you get it for mate looks good I like it keep us all posted on it

  • Author

No problem it was £1400 like I say body work is close to mint there was no interior just 2 vectra b gsi front seats with no runners on and the engine is a bit rough

  • Author

The only thing I'm finding daunting is there's no head lining not to sure how it goes up its been 20 years since I've been in a mk2 can't remember what it looks like, I've nothing to work from

  • CLUB MEMBER

Someone will have a rough one to use as a template and people have them made up brand new from that. Brett on here had just that done and I think I'll need one for the Ched.

  • Author

Its not so much getting the head lining it's the fitting it from the torn little bits left around the windscreen it looks like it tucks right under windscreen seal, thats the only bit left I've no clue how it attaches to the back there nothing there at all

  • CLUB MEMBER

Hello Gordon, the car looks good.  Welcome to the mad house 8)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

A big thanks for the warm welcome looking forward to next few weeks sorting my mk 2

Welcome to site Gordon and good luck with your project

  • Author

I'll post some pictures up of the engine when I get the laptop of the kids

  • Author

This is the engine picture taken from ebay

w2jp.png

  • Author

I'll put some better pictures up in a few days . I've got the wife's corsa to sort out first, new struts, , springs, wishbones, track control arms drop links the lot.busy day for me tomorrow

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.