February 19, 201115 yr comment_146883 Hi all, Your all aware now that i am the new owner of the famous ZOOM Cavalier. I have posted some photos before i sent her away for restoration. I also own a lovely one owner rare CAVALIER GLS which i will be restoring once the ZOOM is back. Heres some photos for you hope you enjoy my babies.[img width=640 height=477]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_0014-1.jpg[img width=640 height=477]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_0016.jpg[img width=640 height=477]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_0013-1.jpg[img width=640 height=478]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_0487.jpg[img width=640 height=478]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_0488.jpg[img width=640 height=478]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_0489.jpg[img width=640 height=477]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_0013-1.jpg[img width=640 height=477]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_1162.jpg[img width=640 height=478]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_1226.jpg[img width=640 height=477]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/new%20cars/IMG_1163.jpg Report
February 19, 201115 yr comment_146887 you have got to bring these 2 little gems to billing in july they look fantastic 8) 8) Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146892 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Another standard GLS! How awesome! Hope to see it at Billing this year! Report
February 20, 201115 yr Author comment_146899 Thanks for your comments. Now i'm allowed to ask stupid questions as i am new. WHATS BILLING??????? Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146901 Billing is the biggest meet of the year organised by the VBOA (Vauxhall Bedford Owners Association )And is held over 2/3 days at Billing Aquadrome at the beginning of july hence the ame Billing Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146905 They both look fantastic mate. Welcome aboard! Tell us some more history on the GLS, it looks awesome Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146907 that sri is a beauty! looks similiar to my first one. was it the one that was won in a minolta compatition?i just missed out on that one if it was. but it looks like its found a good home now! ;D Report
February 20, 201115 yr Author comment_146914 Ok So here we go,GLSWhen i was 17 i had the same car delivering pizza for 4 yrs. Bestdays and best job eva!!! When l found this i had to have it. The History:This car was found in Essex bit of a sad story really. Bought this of a guy who's farther was moving into an old peoples home. The farther owned it from Brand new, thats right folks 1 owner. The car was fitted with a passenger disabled seat for his wife. I believe about 10 yrs ago the wife past away and the car never came out of the garage since. I purchased the car last summer the gentlemens house was sold so he was moving into care. It was a very emotional sale. The car was even fiited with a cb inside. The car has never involved in an accident never been repainted is completley 100% geniune. I drove the car around for a few months before the winter and then put her away again in a garage where she sleeps until she will be restored i guess march. She has 112000 on the clock competely standard and beautiful. BUY THE WAY I STILL HAVE THE DISABLED SEAT as the original interior has been put back in so if anybody is intrested in the seat pm me its a one of for a mk2 cavI have attached a photo of when l took the car. I'm the ugly one!!![img width=640 height=480]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/IMG_0060.jpgSRIThe Sri is the famous Minolta competition car formaly known as the ZOOM cavalier which i am currently restoring ready for all for the summer shows.This may sound funny but previously i was unsure what Billing was until i was told. I lived 2 mins away from Billing for 21 yrs. My dad used to work in the rubber factory opposite not sure if that is still there. Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146917 im new on this site too and i keep hearing about the billing thing. what is it about? Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146922 billing in northampton is where the main vauxhall opel and bedford show is and its really good laugh as well as getting to see some fantastic cars. look under the events section on the left hand side of the home page to see billing 2010. Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146924 That's a lovely story about the GLS, Ricky. Are you keeping it standard and unmodified? I hope so! She'd be lovely restored to her former glory. Report
February 20, 201115 yr Author comment_146933 Hi Dawn thanks for your comments and the rest of you. The GLS will not be modified and staying completely standard just for the respect and I don't think there's many of these left in this colour and in saloon unless someone on here knows of one Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146934 The only other GLS I've seen like yours was one I had a sunroof panel off to save my own '82 GLS. That car's now gone to the big place in the sky! Maybe other members on here can clarify if there are more, though?So glad you're keeping her original! If you take her to Billing, we could park together! A hatch and a saloon hehe. My original wheels should be back on by then too! Report
February 20, 201115 yr comment_146936 Ok So here we go,GLSWhen i was 17 i had the same car delivering pizza for 4 yrs. Bestdays and best job eva!!! When l found this i had to have it. The History:This car was found in Essex bit of a sad story really. Bought this of a guy who's farther was moving into an old peoples home. The farther owned it from Brand new, thats right folks 1 owner. The car was fitted with a passenger disabled seat for his wife. I believe about 10 yrs ago the wife past away and the car never came out of the garage since. I purchased the car last summer the gentlemens house was sold so he was moving into care. It was a very emotional sale. The car was even fiited with a cb inside. The car has never involved in an accident never been repainted is completley 100% geniune. I drove the car around for a few months before the winter and then put her away again in a garage where she sleeps until she will be restored i guess march. She has 112000 on the clock competely standard and beautiful. BUY THE WAY I STILL HAVE THE DISABLED SEAT as the original interior has been put back in so if anybody is intrested in the seat pm me its a one of for a mk2 cavI have attached a photo of when l took the car. I'm the ugly one!!![img width=640 height=480]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/amritpal/IMG_0060.jpgSRIThe Sri is the famous Minolta competition car formaly known as the ZOOM cavalier which i am currently restoring ready for all for the summer shows.This may sound funny but previously i was unsure what Billing was until i was told. I lived 2 mins away from Billing for 21 yrs. My dad used to work in the rubber factory opposite not sure if that is still there.I hope you assured the gent who owned this GLS that you would love and cherish this car and do right by it... It was a similar sort of story when I bought the 1.6L from an old guy who had had it from new. I could see that he was dreadfully upset to see it go no matter how much I assured him I would look after it. I felt a bit of a heal driving off as he stood by his gate. Then once I got onto the A30 (I think) my familiar Cavalier cheshire cat grin reappeared. ;D Report
February 21, 201115 yr comment_146993 That is a cracking story behind the GLS, cheers for sharing that with us. Like Dawn said so glad its staying as Mr Vauxhall intended. It truly is a rare stunner! Good luck with both projects and glad to have you on board and you HAVE to come to Billing 2011. Its awesome!! Report
March 21, 201115 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_148375 You have a good car there,seen this on pistonheads but was too slow you just bought it.What was it needing, its away getting fixed?I would have payed twice as much for it.Sounds like it's found a good owner. Report
March 21, 201115 yr comment_148388 So love the GLS! Any news on if she or the Sri are going to make Billing? Report
March 21, 201115 yr Author comment_148423 Sorry been tied up with work. The sri is coming along I will get some photos up soon. I did call the original owner but his wife was shouting in the back ground that they never wanted to sell it and people keep phoning them?? I wanted to know all your thoughts on the zoom sticker at the bottom of the door do I put it back on or leave it off. Someone removed it so any thoughts anyone Report
March 23, 201115 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_148475 Will be attending billing for the first time this year,cant wait to see all the mark 2's inc your one.I Can understand about the owners wife wishing she never sold it.I had one just like it on a y plate great cars and your model/colour is best in my eye's.Leave the zoom sticker off. Report
March 23, 201115 yr comment_148487 I'd leave the sticker off mate. One thing though could you do some research and get some original photos of the Cav when it was a prize back in the 80's? That would make a nice bit of nostalgia Report
April 23, 201115 yr Author comment_150000 i have got the actual newspaper with the article on it. i will put that onto the windscreen at the shows. Report
April 23, 201115 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_150011 i have got the actual newspaper with the article on it. i will put that onto the windscreen at the shows.Hope you have scans of it. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.