Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[event] Retro Rides Gathering 2011

Featured Replies

  • CLUB MEMBER

just wondering, what time are those that are going down on sunday, intend to get there ,

was thinking of getting there about 7-8 ..

 The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's

  • Replies 100
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

final list of attending

1) steffi and keir  (camping)

2) younger and toni (camping)

3) matt o sunday only

4) rabbit sunday only

5) retro cav sunday only

6) blitz (camping)

7) lambo sunday only

8 ) brett (camping)

9) dave dave (camping)

10) ralphy (camping)

11) jonny sunday only

12) Andy ?

13 ) limmter lover

14) munt if hangover allows but not showing

Just some info that will be useful for you when arriving at the RetroRides Gathering

Club stands open from 8am, all clubs to be pretty much full by 10am

People arriving at the show need to head towards the entrance marked for clubs. Tickets can be purchased on the way in if you don’t have themalready. club passes  please display them in the window of your car, it helps to keepcars moving in the right direction.

Members on club stands will be able to take part in the track action,sign up opens at 9am on Sunday morning.

post code for show GL52 9RD

post code for those who are camping  GL19 4RE 

have posted retro cav , Rabbit and matt o stand passes to you

those camping i will hand them to you saturday night

others please Pm so we can plan somewhere to meet for you to have them

  • Author

Looks like I'm not going now. Looking at my finances, I simply can't afford it! Yes, things are that bad  :'(

sorry to hear this rich

  • Author

limiterlover are you still coming ? i have tryed to pm you but your inbox is full

I know Steffi, I'm gutted, especially since I've been spending as lot of time on the Retro Rides forum recently and seen some of the awesome cars that will be going! Oh well, always next year!

I should have checked the forum before today's event!

If you saw a Cabriolet going up the hill, it was me!

Great fun day, and didn't even crash/blow up  :)

Yes was there today, did see the cabrio going up the hill, sunny day, roof down........ Bet it was cool, should've done it myself looked good fun 8)

really enjoyed today folks glad to meet a few more people etc etc and really loved all the cars on our stand  :P

  • CLUB MEMBER

If you saw a Cabriolet going up the hill, it was me!

Me & Matt-o saw you twice, was standing by the 1st steep hairpin bend, that turned sharp left at the top..

Who was in the mk2 cav hatch ?

 The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's

FANTASTIC place!

FANTASTIC weather!!

FANTASTIC show!!!

I loved it, was good meeting up with all again,

Here's a few pics......

In no perticular order my top motors of the show and one picture from the top of the hill climb.

ac0ba91c.jpg

d997a740.jpg

683b39e0.jpg

fd8d4ea5.jpg

d0aea1f4.jpg

c479b2b8.jpg

c53bd670.jpg

Loving Micks 420bhp  Viva Van WITHOUT NOs!! Properly my best of the show.

Awsome day but firstly a huge thanks to steffi for organising the stand ect :) Well where to start lol Left 1pm yesterday 1 1/5 hour drive which ended up being half houe extended by monmouthshire traffic cops for the car not being on the insurance data base luckily had policy in the car :) So carried on with the journey to a lovely camp site on the river bank which led to a few beers followed by a few more then hit the sack, Got up this morning got ready and left for the show, Half way to the show clutch started slipping like mad anything over 2000rpm nursed it there and had a awsome day with awsome company among awsome cars, Took a VERY steady drive home had some food and a cuppa then off to the garage to change the clutch, Just got in now car fixed and feeling knackered but What a weekend Awsome as ever :D Pick to follow when i charge the camera :)

I've been watching that Viva van develop on the forums. It's awesome. Looks like you guys had a great weekend. I look forward to seeing loads of pics  ;)

Glad you got home ok too Rich!

I'm really properly gutted that I couldn't make it  :'(

Great day as ever boys and girls, Massive thanks for Steffi for organising the show :)

Kate loved the show also so a thanks for making her feel welcome :)

I have loads of photos which i shall up-load when i get home at the weekend,

Roll on more show's like this so much better than any GM show i have been to.

 

 

 

I should have checked the forum before today's event!

If you saw a Cabriolet going up the hill, it was me!

Great fun day, and didn't even crash/blow up  :)

Check out the pic of you on this page  ;)

Retro Rides Gathering 2011 Prescott hill climb

T`was me in the hatch going up the hill. Brilliant weekend start to finish.

Yep, I saw you  ;) ;D

I have never seen so much XXXX stuff on here! Shows all things are possible!!

I love that V8 'Tina van........been watching that on the Retro Rides forums. Started off as a 5-door estate.

I had one as mt first car and wish I'd never let it go. Great fun to drive those old Cortina's  ;D

  • Author

thanks guys for a top weekend  ;D

(oh and stand is alreadly booked for next year  ;) )

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.