August 7, 201016 yr comment_138021 HI fowks I'm Phil and I've just picked up this genuine barn find, been off the road for 11 years![img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01028.jpg[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01823.jpgShe's properly rotten so a re-shell could be the only way forward I think [img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01820.jpgLooking forward to getting stuck in here 8) Report
August 7, 201016 yr Author comment_138034 Aye it'll need a new boot floor and probably more, I'm trying to look for a base-spec scrapper with better underneath than this one as the body on this one is smart enough (a bit pink ) Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_138039 on the subject of 11 year barn finds i'm currently helping my mate to restore a 1983 opel ascona cd the last tax disc reads april 1999 Uploaded with ImageShack.us as foundUploaded with ImageShack.us as she is now Report
August 7, 201016 yr Author comment_138042 Loving that mate! The guy at the local scrappy who sold me the car said the owner took the car off the road in 1999 to do a few 'minor' welding repairs lol. The whole car is stupidly original, probably like the ascona it's a total time warp, smells a bit mind you ;D Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_138043 HI fowks I'm Phil and I've just picked up this genuine barn find, been off the road for 11 years![img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01028.jpgThats a cracking find mate. Good luck with the project and keep us all informed ;D Report
August 7, 201016 yr comment_138044 lol your not far wrong there when we unloaded all the spare parts out of her we hoovered out 2 dust bags full of rat s**t :o smells a bit sweeter now thou :D Report
August 7, 201016 yr Author comment_138052 Cheers Matt-O I think the SRI 130 has a few furry friends as well lol! They're probably living in the sills after moving from the boot because it became draughty Report
August 7, 201016 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_138055 welcome to the site mate and nice find well done for that good project you've got yourself get some more pictures up when you get time! Report
August 7, 201016 yr Author comment_138058 I get it home next weekend hopefully, first job is strip it bare and assess the damage ??? Report
August 8, 201016 yr comment_138077 Good luck, you're going to need it. Stick with it tho, 130's are few and far between. Wish my old one would turn up somewhere, apparently it's been off the road since 2001. Would be nice to know it wasn't turned into soup tins.. Report
August 9, 201016 yr comment_138124 Get her built into thishttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-MINT-CONDITION-WOW-/220648441312?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item335fac05e0 Report
August 10, 201016 yr comment_138219 Get her built into thishttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CAVALIER-MINT-CONDITION-WOW-/220648441312?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item335fac05e0that would be ideal Report
August 11, 201016 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_138279 Nice find, the rust can be ground out, treated and replated if required......it'll be fine Good luck with the rebuild, check my LX project thread and Johns (Rabbit) Calibre protect thread for the potential sources of the dreaded tin worm. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
August 14, 201016 yr Author comment_138530 Thanks everyone I went back today to get it ready to be transported on Monday, had a good look over it this tiem and I don' think this shell is saveable, of the many cars I've owned this thing is extremely rusty, beyond repair I reckon. Here's just a few pics:[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01038.jpg[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01039.jpgThe rust list so far after a quick gander today:Both inner and outer sillsBoth front strut topsFuel filler neck is non-existantSunroofRear Inner ArchesBoot floor is completely goneChassis legs feel soft as well.All in all a pretty decent list! On the plus side the engine seems like a cracker, ooks very clean inside and turns ove with lost of compression 8)[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01037.jpgStill love the damn thing though :-X[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01040.jpg[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01041.jpg Report
August 14, 201016 yr Author comment_138531 P.S apologies for the spelling, I'm on my girlfriends laptop with my fat fingers! Report
August 14, 201016 yr comment_138533 loss of compression :o or did you mean lots of compression :D Report
August 15, 201016 yr Author comment_138541 loss of compression :o or did you mean lots of compression :D Lol sorry the engine has strong compression Report
August 15, 201016 yr comment_138549 If it's beyond saving then get it reshelled. 130's are few and far between! Report
August 15, 201016 yr comment_138551 loving the car mate id love a find like that!! looks good itl look even better when u get it sortd! Report
August 15, 201016 yr Author comment_138552 If it's beyond saving then get it reshelled. 130's are few and far between!Don't worry yourself mate, I'm fully aware of their rarity Report
August 16, 201016 yr Author comment_138602 On the trailer tonight! Forget the steelie I had to fit it as after 11 years the tyres weren't so keen on staying up [img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01044.jpg[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01047.jpgBack home where the stripping began[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01052.jpg[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01053.jpgBoot[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01055.jpgInner sills[img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01054.jpgOh dear :'( Report
August 16, 201016 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_138607 Why not join up and start a project thread? For whatever you decide to do from now on! But goddam![img width=640 height=480]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/Calibra_se8/Cavalier%20SRI%20130/DSC01055.jpgThat is the most rot eaten boot floor I've ever seen! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.