Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

andy

CLUB ADMIN
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andy

  1. Gutted for all involved! At least there is next year. Let me know if you need any help getting it up the road after Paul has looked after it. Be good to find time for a proper catch up. Sorry we didn't get time to chat longer on Sunday!
  2. If someone can bring a smart TV with iPlayer installed, that doesn't consume hundreds if watts continuously ( i.e. it's A rated), I have a battery pack which can run a 240v TV for a good few hours. No need for lead acid batteries then Ken! Someone would then just share WiFi too it... My bigger concern would be keeping it all dry as forecast saying heavy rain.... / Thunder.... club Gazebo is only 3x3! If it really will pour, 5v- 12v devices will be safer from a club liability point of view... But option is there!
  3. When I looked earlier, BBC said 22 degrees and thunder, Google says 18 degrees and solid rain. I'll take the BBC.. even at 20 degrees..
  4. members with non mk2s will still have to be corralled into one area on our stand or behind the tents IF space becomes an issue, even making room if we suddenly got flooded with Cavs, but as John says, we should be Ok!
  5. Yup, strange the vehicles that make it to our country, but don't quite make it to the roads! As well as the 2door, the pickup is cool!
  6. Brett told me today that he is coming in his Carlton at the back of the stand. @C20Brett when you're done playing with boosty MC boost face, get your name down properly on the other thread!
  7. You know the answer to that! 🥲 Although it would be one of the best buildings on site!
  8. So... Looks like the year of the LX(!?) @Biz "Your driver" will bring 50 shades 👌
  9. until

  10. Welcome aboard Leon! I saw this one just up the road from me - Corsham area I think - are you based in the South West? If you want a permanent feature thread club members can add a car to the garage which is showcased on the front page. Interesting you're going RHD, I might be interested in your LHD goodies if you still have them and they are in good nick. Good job she's Belgian built too!
  11. Loving your past drives sig and welcome aboard!! Don't forget to add your cav to the club garage!
  12. andy replied to Richie's topic in NEW USERS
    I can speak to the mojo thing; After 2016 and the yellow cav still needing so many things (and shredding the back tyres, not in a good way), I couldn't look at the thing. It took selling Orwin to motivate me to save the others as I missed driving a MK2, as being in one has been a feature of, pretty much my whole life. Returning to MK2's as a project, even just 7 years after the Angouleme trip (the last time I finished a mk2 build), the scene is so different. These cars are now much rarer, appreciating and harder to find bits for as they head to 40. That challenge to overcome and the fact that no-one on the street has any idea what these cars are now has fuelled my own desire to get on with things again. I'm bored of looking at silver, red white and blue jelly moulds on the roads. Well it's probably that, and avoiding my day job, covid and a rusty fire engine. But I'll say this - it will come back when it's ready. I'm glad you kept the old bus @Richie! As for other returners here, I come here because it's the antithesis of FB, it's not throwing everything at you demanding you click. Good to see you back mate! Any chance of a couple of pics?
  13. I daily drove 2 x MV6's as dailys for years and loved them both. Although the 3.0 was rusty, it was a damn sight faster than the 2.6 I replaced it with, which was immaculate, but ultimately slower. Smoking around in a 2014 Octavia VRS estate I've owned since new, while punishing myself by buying a communist fire engine and resurrecting a variety of cavs I should never have let drop! Most I could get from the Omega daily was about 32mpg but that removed all of the fun!
  14. Cheers for the udpate! I think probably worth a pic of the rear-spring seats in terms of helping find a home for it.Not many 2 owner cavs about.
  15. andy replied to Strider's topic in NEW USERS
    Get a dehumidifier in there if you can!
  16. andy replied to Strider's topic in NEW USERS
    Rev counter is the green wire via coil! 😁
  17. andy replied to Strider's topic in NEW USERS
    Fantastic update. Really great to see one from as far away as Serbia! I used to see the occasional one in Poland, but never as many as I might have expected to make it across the boarder when east met west! You've certainly come to the right place anyway, we support them all!
  18. Sorry my bad... Bolts and new parts, all plated and refurbished or new?
  19. Are the holds all chemical treated and plated? Or are they new?
  20. That's pretty decisive! Terrible voter turnout, but unanimous.
  21. andy replied to BrenG's topic in NEW USERS
    Nice one, another 80s classic! Did you see the one that went up on the high street Brixham last week? Such a shame. As for the site, we've been going since 1998 give or take - facebook took a chunk, but our group there is not a "community" as such, this is where the hardcore still hang out so plenty of mk2 people about! Be great to see some pics of your former (and current) retro fleet!
  22. andy replied to Dazza88's topic in NEW USERS
    looks like Lino!
  23. I do - it still sometimes get's a look in with lift / other projects on the go!
  24. andy replied to Dazza88's topic in NEW USERS
    Landy's are a certified way to sort out brakes if you can't get access to her! If you decide to keep her, we could see if a rescue party can be sorted if not!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.