Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newbie

Featured Replies

Hi all. I'm a newbie here from Bedfordshire.  I've just picked up a 1 owner from new with 27000 miles on with history upto 2006 were it has been garaged for the last 13 years.. I'm hoping to get it started in the next few weeks it's in great condition inside is mint... it's an auto aswell. But breaks are seized on so trying to move it but nicely..  also could be for sale how it is if anyone is interested:-)

20200226_111249.jpg

20200226_111256.jpg

  • Author

Hello paul, thanks for reply.. it is an estate just trying to sort on removal from the garage so can clean and see what it needs... but I do have some more pics I'll try and upload.. 

20200226_111157.jpg

20200226_111420.jpg

20200226_111444.jpg

20200226_144908.jpg

  • Author

Oohhh yess definitely, I carnt really say I've seen many about. Well not in Bedfordshire any way... does anyone know if these have drain plugs in fuel tank by any chance..

Ask Jason,  aka newbody, on here. Hes had loads of estates so knows pretty much everything there is to know.

  • Author

Aaaahhh brilliant, is there a way of getting hold of him on here is there a private message or shall I just do a topic..

  • CLUB MEMBER

No drain plug, but you know... the sender always could be removed haha! Seriously don,t you'll never get it to be dry again without renewing it!

Welcome aboard mate. Send him a PM, see how he gets on. Be great to see more pics of the Estate and a clip of getting it out into the daylight and running again! :D

  • Author

Aaahhhh bugger, nothing is ever simple haha.. theres not a great deal of fuel in there  when I shake the car I can still here it slush about, would I get away with a 25l can of v-power fuel to over ride the old fuel just to get it up and running.

Thank you Andy 😁..  will message him as soon as I get back from work as signal not good.. will try and get a clip of pulling it out of the garage once I've figured out how to un sieze the breaks hahaha I'm hoping just a gentle pull with the landy will sort that bit.. will give it a wash and get better pics 🙂

  • CLUB MEMBER
12 hours ago, Dazza88 said:

Aaahhhh bugger, nothing is ever simple haha.. theres not a great deal of fuel in there  when I shake the car I can still here it slush about, would I get away with a 25l can of v-power fuel to over ride the old fuel just to get it up and running.

Thank you Andy 😁..  will message him as soon as I get back from work as signal not good.. will try and get a clip of pulling it out of the garage once I've figured out how to un sieze the breaks hahaha I'm hoping just a gentle pull with the landy will sort that bit.. will give it a wash and get better pics 🙂

Landy's are a certified way to sort out brakes if you can't get access to her!

If you decide to keep her, we could see if a rescue party can be sorted if not!

  • Author

Just need to get it out of the garage then can take it to my garage to put on ramp and start playing Haha, also need to sort me trailer out as carnt be towed being an auto it's only got to go about 2 miles up the road aswell haha.. if anyone is close to Bedfordshire and could help or give e an idea were to start would much appreciate it,  I will use landy power on sunday on it to see if that helps. 🙂 thanks again Andy 😁😁

If you can get into it a lump hammer on rear drums helps free them

As Andy said no drain in tank but remove the fuel line will get most of the fuel out

Careful with the tank estate tanks are specific hatch saloon won't replace it 

You can disconnect fuel line on offside chassiss tail in engine bay (rubber to plastic and put the rubber end in a petdol can as a a start point to get her running 

 

And good luck on the purchase restoration 

 

  • Author

Hi newbody thank you for the information:-) I'll be careful with the tank then. I went there today to attempt to move it the landy had no problem dragging it back but were the car is theres very little room to get it all the way out aswell as with the landy just too many cars about in the way so I'm going to book a day off work and have ago during the week, I was thinking I'll pull it out maybe enough room to jack the rear wheels off and tap them probably is there anything else I can do to try and free them as have wasted another weekend :-(. On a good note underneath is really good and clean also engine oil still on max line and turns over by hand once it runs will change all fluids, smelt the fuel in tank it still smells very normal with a nice petrol smell still, so am thinking maybe leave it in to try and get it running it still splish splashing about in tank also...

  • CLUB MEMBER

Looks very tidy. Not gone far in its life as MJ's a Bedfordshire registration.

Love the luggage area carpet. Is it carpet or some other material?

Hope  you decide to keep it as it would be good to have another estate in the area.

  • 1 month later...
  • CLUB MEMBER

Nice tide estate......get it out and running.....you will want to keep it @Dazza88

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author
12 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Rare to see them as mint as that... 

Thank you mate 🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.