May 31, 20215 yr comment_221784 Hi all new member here i run my own body shop and thought I'd share my new project with u all converting my left hand drive 3 door ascona to right and fit the infamous red top 16v Report
June 1, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221791 Welcome aboard Leon! I saw this one just up the road from me - Corsham area I think - are you based in the South West? If you want a permanent feature thread club members can add a car to the garage which is showcased on the front page. Interesting you're going RHD, I might be interested in your LHD goodies if you still have them and they are in good nick. Good job she's Belgian built too! Report
June 1, 20215 yr comment_221792 welcome Leon, good to see this one here, the for sale link was tempting so glad someone bought it to remove temptation! Be an interesting project as you convert it to RHD Report
June 2, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221808 Love this idea......good luck Leon. Are you going to change round the wipers too as the swept part will be on the wrong side. Interestingly, I had a friend yrs ago with a UK VW golf and the LHD wipers setup on it for some reason. It left the drivers corner with water whilst raining which must be iffy in the eyes of the MOT? Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
June 2, 20215 yr Author comment_221809 I was going to leave the wipers as is but we see how we go as we get through it 👍 Report
June 2, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221810 Hopefully its not a big problem. Maybe up the 18" blade to 19 or so to get a bit more screen (if it doesn't foul the top of course) Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.