Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Wanted to say hi. So I did.

Oh yeah, I love Mk2 Cavaliers, had 2 1600's, 3 SRi 1800's, a CDi 1800, an SRi 2.0 and a GLSi 2.0 (Abused every day for 3 years, what a car). Don't have one at the moment, my last one (a very tidy original A-reg SRi hatch in gold with a late 2.0 in it) got stolen and I haven't had the heart to do another one. :'( It didn't even run at the time  ???

I've been Mk2-less for nearly 2 years now, and I want another one. There's no rush 'cos I got a BMW 528i (I like my old-skool rides) which is due some money and attention, but if I see the right Cav who knows? There's no harm in looking, and owning more than one rusty old car has never bothered me in the past  :P

Anyway, 'ello!

Hi there. Feel free to browse the forums and chip in with your Cav experiences.

You never know a bargain might turn up near to you!

Dougie

that glsi really did take some abuse believe me,hi derm!

Hey abo, fancy seeing you here... ;D

Didn't know you liked Cavs  :P

sappnin derm ive never owned a mk2 i live a sheltered life  :'( ah well hope to see you back in 1 soon m8 back to the old days lol

hey mr p you have indeed led a sheltered life, but you've owned a mk1 XR2 and I haven't, and I want one of them too [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

you cant say the ford word on ere m8 its forbiden lol although i do luv my mk1 xr2's lol god rest her soul  :'(

ford ford ford ford ford :x

mk1 xr2's lol god rest her soul  :'(

I remember having a picture of an X pack arched supersport with a 1600 engine, from Street Machine and I've never forgotten how I felt.  13 years old and my first real automotive 'hard on' .   12 years later I nearly bought a Supersport 1300 but it the seller was 90's version of Chav so I got a METRO TURDO instead.  

i had a 1.3 fiesta S with the X pack on it, was a real bitch to fit as well, we ende up putting the 1.6 in there, although it didn't really make a lot of difference......

Still good fun though

If you have not had a MK2 Escort youve never lived. My first baby.

Dont let Andy see this! :x

Ive had various fords :o :x  RS1600i and RS Turbo to name a few ;) both very quick and the handling is spot on ;D

I miss the the Turbo power, but dont miss the unreliability and the expense :P :?

i currently have a series 2 turbo sat in the garage waiting for summer as i took it out and couldnt stop the thing spinning stage 1.5 hybrid and bleed valve leathal combination lol  :Ha

[smiley=smiley_abuv.gif]

Yep. had 2 of those babies myself. Sorry peeps, ford or not they are/where excellent motors! They where both pretty much trouble free too!

I have to say ive ownd alot of f**ds in my time RST's 2.8i's but the fav's have to be my mk2 rs2000 & my mk2 mex but in my deffence i had to go one better so i have just bought an hs chevette  ;D

  • 2 weeks later...

hi adam hows thing?? long time no here any luck finding a cavvy yet???

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.