Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello everyone

Featured Replies

Not quite a new user, but one returning from many years ago, Just want to say hi to anyone who knows me and that I might be back on the Mk2 scene very soon just have to find the right car.

  • Author

Hello Andy, 

It's a very different site now,  but feels like home. 🙂

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome back 👋 Long time no see. Same, back under a different guise 

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Thank you everyone for welcoming me back.

Ok, I'm fast approaching half a century old, so I had to go and buy myself my own present, I couldn't afford a Lotus Carlton, so I wanted another Cav.

I'm pleased to say I'm officially a MK2 Cav owner again after about 20 years.

My new car is in a poor state and I will have to empty my pockets and look under the cushions on the sofa to restore this one.

However, the plus's are it's standard and hasn't been messed around with, not even speakers cut into the front doors.

I sold my last one for about £550 and I brought this one for £6300 and it's in arguably worse state than the first.

I will keep the site posted on the new addition, which is due to be delivered to me on Friday.

Exciting times.😁

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

IMG-20250615-WA0026.jpgThis one?

Edited by w0z26

 welcome back to Calibre ownership, HHK I assume... 

  • Author

HHK it is Indeed!

It's great to be back in Mk2 Cav ownership after 25 years away, but I've noticed the spares have dried up a bit since I last owned one. £100 for a clear front indicator, £500 for a set of rear lights and middle board. I had a shed load of these parts years ago.

Anyway the big strip down will start this weekend whilst we have the good weather, I hope to find a pound or 2 behind the seats to re-coop some money,
 

IMG-20250809-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20250808-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20250808-WA0009.jpg

Looks great just outside! Keep us updated on the strip, hope she's not too bad beneath... My poor old thing has become a storage rack for paint tins, BBQ tools and enough plaster for a modest home renovation!

Over the years Ive tipped a full back light set because some 'chrome' was wearing thin, full set of glass when I thought of midnight tints, hens teeth LXi door cards (bought for the storage bins), pair of front indicators because of overspray you'd never see, and the 8K version clock set from a GTE probably tops the lot!

  • CLUB MEMBER
7 hours ago, vxcalibre said:

Looks great just outside! Keep us updated on the strip, hope she's not too bad beneath... My poor old thing has become a storage rack for paint tins, BBQ tools and enough plaster for a modest home renovation!

Over the years Ive tipped a full back light set because some 'chrome' was wearing thin, full set of glass when I thought of midnight tints, hens teeth LXi door cards (bought for the storage bins), pair of front indicators because of overspray you'd never see, and the 8K version clock set from a GTE probably tops the lot!

Don't worry, I have a few sets of LX stuff (mainly hatch though)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I've only gone and brought a couple more, I went to get a spares car for the Calibre, as it requires a complete rear inner arch and several other underbody cuts. But I saw HYE beside it, It has had a restoration at some point but not finished off, it's completely solid and came with a new hood in the boot. Had to have it, it would have been rude not to.

So now I have 2 projects.

 

I do however need a few extra spares. Please look in the wanted section.

530349220_1938142906984472_695895213448987587_n.jpg

IMG-20250826-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20250826-WA0013.jpg

So Greg has the earths LX resources, and you have monopolised red rag tops😀  that'll keep you busy... 

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

I don't like red being a Spurs fan, but I currently have 4 red Cav's, 2 cabbies and 2 saloons 🤣

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.