July 30, 201610 yr comment_213634 Hi All treated myself to this today http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/282114772093 been looking for 130 for long time but when I drove this, I had to have it! Was expensive but with a couple of minor improvements will be spot on. im picking it up in the week, any ideas of best insurance company to go with. cheers Andy Report
July 30, 201610 yr comment_213635 That's a great looking car and very rare now. I use footman James for insurance on a policy with 3 old Vauxhalls and I am happy with them. Enjoy your car when you get it and welcome. Report
July 30, 201610 yr comment_213636 Wow thats a nice motor andy, are you going to use it or lock it away ? Report
July 30, 201610 yr Author comment_213637 Just a bit of weekend use. Nothing major. Have a bit of fun in it but keep it in good condition ? Report
July 30, 201610 yr comment_213640 Really nice car, much rarer than a SRi130 in my opinion love the fact the early SRi's don't have the side and rear skirts. Also gold hatchback SRi are the best cavaliers (not that I am biased) Report
July 31, 201610 yr comment_213657 I struggled to sell a gold sri130 a few years ago, even a helios blue one and both were in good condition. Report
July 31, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_213659 Welcome aboard. Also on the look out for a SRI 130 for dad but its a difficult task. Report
July 31, 201610 yr Author comment_213660 I was perhaps being to specific, I was after an exact version of the one I had when I was 18!!! It was a saloon light metallic blue/black one, absolutely love it, until it was stolen!!!! Report
July 31, 201610 yr comment_213661 Welcome to the forum looked like s really nice buy, I felt the same way on price when I purchased mine but like people said to me at the time if your happy with the car then price doesn't matter. To be honest I have not looked back I still really enjoy driving mine and I know you will. steve. Report
August 1, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_213667 Welcome on board.....car looks nice. Most of us are used to picking up cars for not a lot 15 odd yrs ago and stuck in that mindset. I think things have changed and the public are starting to recognise that a nice one is getting v rare and hence prices are heading up. Pics and write up once you have it please Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
August 1, 201610 yr comment_213670 Car looks superb and early SRi's are better than 130's anyway so you made the right choice Report
August 1, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_213672 Welcome you've made a great choice best interior by far and a rare model. I sold my white one a few months back but still have 5 inc my early blue saloon. Report
August 1, 201610 yr Author comment_213674 3 hours ago, andyf said: Welcome you've made a great choice best interior by far and a rare model. I sold my white one a few months back but still have 5 inc my early blue saloon. That's really nice! Not sure I'll get to 5, need to work out where to put this one Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.