November 20, 201411 yr comment_205336 Hello, just bought a mk2 cavalier I live just outside glasgow. Onto 3rd classic. Just sold 1988 Orion ghia , before that it was a 1979 manta Sr berlinetta. I prefer clean low milers, as I don't do welding. Anyway love cavaliers, dad had 2. One an 84 GLS saloon. Amazing car. This one is a clean low mileage poverty spec car, but to me the base models are just as awesome. Here's link to some history and photos of my new very greeeeeeeeeeen carhttp://www.newoldcar.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/98-featured-cars/vauxhall/1655-featured-cars-vauxhall-cavalier-1982-vauxhall-cavalier-1-6l-5-door-ref-97 Report
November 20, 201411 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_205339 Always remember this one - Little Big Planet! Report
November 20, 201411 yr comment_205340 I remember this one too. Awesome motor!Welcome to the club! Report
November 21, 201411 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_205341 Welcome to the club.....love it....very green.....mintys cousin then 8) Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 21, 201411 yr comment_205342 Remember one exactly the same colour and model in Clwyd Breakers outside Wrexham about 15+ years ago, not in bad nick but nowhere as good as yours ( nice find by the way ) It was on sale with the remaining mot on it for about £80 if i remember correctly, how times have changed. Report
November 21, 201411 yr comment_205344 A very nice original car in superb condition!!How much was it?? Report
November 21, 201411 yr comment_205345 The photos of it look like original press photos lol ! ;D Report
November 21, 201411 yr Author comment_205346 Thanks for the comments guys. Whats the "little big planet" thing. it was well priced considering mileage and condition Whats the club activity like in scotland? kenny dock Report
November 21, 201411 yr comment_205347 Hi mate and welcome from a fellow Scotsman I'm in East Kilbride and there's a few of us dotted about ,car looks fantastic and hopefully see it soon mate Report
November 21, 201411 yr Author comment_205348 Just CLICKED ......,,LBP, little big planet ;D got it. Sharp as a tack me. Report
December 7, 201411 yr comment_205589 Hi from another Scot, I also live just outside Glasgow too. I live on the southside not far from cavvypogo. Good to see another Cavalier coming to Glasgow . It looks good mate a cracking example. Just wondering was the Orion ghia white? Report
December 9, 201411 yr Author comment_205630 No the Orion Ghia was blue. 8) where in the south side are you? Report
December 11, 201411 yr comment_205665 I am in Newton Mearns, think the Orion I seen a few months back was white but can't quite remember now lol. If you live on the south side you might have seen an old Avenger top hat (blue body white roof) that's me. There seems to be a few members in the Glasgow area, would be good to see if we could arrange a meet over the Christmas hogmany period. Report
December 12, 201411 yr comment_205680 I'd be up for that James but I'd need to attend in my insignia as the cav is definately a non runner at the minute lol Report
December 12, 201411 yr comment_205683 Sorry for the thread hijack Kenny but obviously you'd be invited too . Sounds good, I am officially off the week's of Christmas and New year, but unofficially from next week. Just don't tell me boss lol . The Insignia would be ok still a Vauxhall. Where abouts in Glasgow are you Kenny? Be good to see your Cavvy in the flesh. Report
December 12, 201411 yr comment_205684 Sorry for the thread hijack Kenny but obviously you'd be invited too . Sounds good, I am officially off the week's of Christmas and New year, but unofficially from next week. Just don't tell me boss lol . The Insignia would be ok still a Vauxhall. Where abouts in Glasgow are you Kenny? Be good to see your Cavvy in the flesh.Cheers James and technically it's evolution of our beloved cavs but more modern and not rotten lol Report
December 15, 201411 yr Author comment_205714 I'm in Paisley. I've yet to pick the car up. It's in northern Ireland, I'm going over 3rd week in January to pick it up. I'm over there for my girlfriends mums birthday then anyway. No point going over twice at 200 quid a time. Car is stored in a big barn anyway. Would be into meeting up. Why is yours a non runner? Could we meet up first week in Feb? Report
December 15, 201411 yr comment_205718 Hi Kenny when I was looking for a cav I seen one in northern Ireland, a white one was really good but at £3250 was a bit pricey. Then as you say the ferry is quite expensive. February might be a bit akward as back to work fully then but should manage something, but even a meet before without it would be good . Cavvypogo's is a restoration project I believe, he can correct me if I am wrong. Mine is on the road all be it needing some tlc and work. Where in Paisley are you? It's just a long the road from me lol, just nip throu Barrhead. Report
December 15, 201411 yr comment_205719 As you say cavvypogo the Insignia is just the evolution of our cars, Cavalier, Vectra then Insignia. Or was there something between the Vectra and Insignia, can't remember off hand. Report
December 17, 201411 yr comment_205734 Hi Kenny when I was looking for a cav I seen one in northern Ireland, a white one was really good but at £3250 was a bit pricey. Then as you say the ferry is quite expensive. February might be a bit akward as back to work fully then but should manage something, but even a meet before without it would be good . Cavvypogo's is a restoration project I believe, he can correct me if I am wrong. Mine is on the road all be it needing some tlc and work. Where in Paisley are you? It's just a long the road from me lol, just nip throu Barrhead.Yea mine is being restored at the moment and taking longer than it really should tbh but in hoping to have it on road early in 2015 and my goal is billing but would be happy to attend a meet and see some running cavs anytime Report
December 21, 201411 yr Author comment_205799 I've seen the white one. Its nice, I know the seller he does come and go on price and takes travel into account. Last week in Jan we could meet. Just let me know what date and time. I would prefer to have the car let it be seen. And see others. Report
December 26, 201411 yr comment_205873 Just a thought how about Jan the 27th its a tuesday, generally the best day/night for me. If Sal is out there reading this I am sure you'd be more than welcome Report
December 26, 201411 yr comment_205875 Cheers for invite . Just let me know what date you are meeting and I'll see if it suits my shifts. I won't be able to bring cavalier in January tho as its sorn until April. Merry Xmas Report
December 31, 201411 yr Author comment_205926 OK no probs. Hopefully I will be off shift as well Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.