Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Another MK2 cavalier enroute to Scotland

Featured Replies

Hello, just bought a mk2 cavalier  :) I live just outside glasgow. Onto 3rd classic. Just sold 1988 Orion ghia , before that it was a 1979 manta Sr berlinetta. I prefer clean low milers, as I don't do welding. Anyway love cavaliers, dad had 2. One an 84 GLS saloon. Amazing car.  This one is a clean low mileage poverty spec car, but to me the base models are just as awesome. Here's link to some history and photos of my new very greeeeeeeeeeen car

http://www.newoldcar.co.uk/index.php/component/content/article/98-featured-cars/vauxhall/1655-featured-cars-vauxhall-cavalier-1982-vauxhall-cavalier-1-6l-5-door-ref-97

  • Replies 52
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • You didn't buy that red piece of junk from Matt the Modder did you?  ??. (Sorry Matt ?). I'm sure you'll be delighted with the car when you collect it. Matt has looked after it very well and there won

  • Hi guys  I'm from Stonehaven had 6 cavs but sold one last week a white Sri will kick my self, but ended up buying a c plate cdi with no work needing done. Might bump in to you if your at any shows ove

  • Myself and jamsieboy will be at cars on the campus on 8th of May with our cars if anyone else is going would be good to meet up ,show is in Kilmarnock Ayrshire btw 

Posted Images

That looks super clean nice buy

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome to the club.....love it....very green.....mintys cousin then 8)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Remember one exactly the same colour and model in Clwyd Breakers outside Wrexham about 15+ years ago, not in bad nick but nowhere as good as yours ( nice find by the way ) It was on sale with the remaining mot on it for about £80 if i remember correctly, how times have changed.

  • Author

Thanks for the comments guys. Whats the "little big planet" thing.

it was well priced considering mileage and condition ;)

Whats the club activity like in scotland? 

kenny dock

Hi  mate and welcome from a fellow Scotsman I'm in East Kilbride and there's a few of us dotted about ,car looks fantastic and hopefully see it soon mate

  • Author

Just CLICKED ......,,LBP, little big planet  ;D got it. Sharp as a tack me.

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi from another Scot, I also live just outside Glasgow too. I live on the southside not far from cavvypogo. Good to see another Cavalier coming to Glasgow :). It looks good mate a cracking example. Just wondering was the Orion ghia white?

  • Author

No the Orion Ghia was blue.  8) where in the south side are you?

I am in Newton Mearns, think the Orion I seen a few months back was white but can't quite remember now lol. If you live on the south side you might have seen an old Avenger top hat (blue body white roof) that's me. There seems to be a few members in the Glasgow area, would be good to see if we could arrange a meet over the Christmas hogmany period.

I'd be up for that James but I'd need to attend in my insignia as the cav is definately a non runner at the minute lol  :P

Sorry for the thread hijack Kenny but obviously you'd be invited too :).  Sounds good, I am officially off the week's of Christmas and New year, but unofficially from next week. Just don't tell me boss lol  ;). The Insignia would be ok still a Vauxhall. Where abouts in Glasgow are you Kenny? Be good to see your Cavvy in the flesh.

Sorry for the thread hijack Kenny but obviously you'd be invited too :).  Sounds good, I am officially off the week's of Christmas and New year, but unofficially from next week. Just don't tell me boss lol  ;). The Insignia would be ok still a Vauxhall. Where abouts in Glasgow are you Kenny? Be good to see your Cavvy in the flesh.

Cheers James and technically it's evolution of our beloved cavs but more modern and not rotten lol  :P

  • Author

I'm in Paisley. I've yet to pick the car up. It's in northern Ireland, I'm going over 3rd week in January to pick it up. I'm over there for my girlfriends mums birthday then anyway. No point going over twice at 200 quid a time. Car is stored in a big barn anyway. Would be into meeting up. Why is yours a non runner? Could we meet up first week in Feb?

Hi Kenny when I was looking for a cav I seen one in northern Ireland, a white one was really good but at £3250 was a bit pricey. Then as you say the ferry is quite expensive. February might be a bit akward as back to work fully then :( but should manage something,  but even a meet before without it would be good  :). Cavvypogo's is a restoration project I believe, he can correct me if I am wrong. Mine is on the road all be it needing some tlc and work. Where in Paisley are you? It's just a long the road from me lol, just nip throu Barrhead.

As you say cavvypogo the Insignia is just the evolution of our cars, Cavalier, Vectra then Insignia. Or was there something between the Vectra and Insignia, can't remember off hand.

Hi Kenny when I was looking for a cav I seen one in northern Ireland, a white one was really good but at £3250 was a bit pricey. Then as you say the ferry is quite expensive. February might be a bit akward as back to work fully then :( but should manage something,  but even a meet before without it would be good  :). Cavvypogo's is a restoration project I believe, he can correct me if I am wrong. Mine is on the road all be it needing some tlc and work. Where in Paisley are you? It's just a long the road from me lol, just nip throu Barrhead.

Yea mine is being restored at the moment and taking longer than it really should tbh but in hoping to have it on road early in 2015 and my goal is billing but would be happy to attend a meet and see some running cavs anytime

  • Author

I've seen the white one. Its nice, I know the seller he does come and go on price and takes travel into account. Last week in Jan we could meet. Just let me know what date and time. I would prefer to have the car let it be seen. And see others.

Just a thought how about Jan the 27th its a tuesday, generally the best day/night for me. If Sal is out there reading this I am sure you'd be more than welcome  :)

Cheers for invite :). Just let me know what date you are meeting and I'll see if it suits my shifts. I won't be able to bring cavalier in January tho as its sorn until April.

Merry Xmas :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.