June 23, 201214 yr comment_174058 HelloI'm Wiemar from Holland, 26years old and I found you on youtube with your great movies.I want to show you my '83 1.8E Ascona SRe 8)Greet,Wiemar Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174068 hi wiemar welcome to the site i too own an ascona sr/e mine is a 82 model but its a right hand drive version Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174077 Thank you guys!It is a great site!How is it possible ascona sr/e in england? Can you tell me the story about it.Its all vauxhall right?Thanks,Wiemar Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174079 hi wiemar she's not a vauxhall she definetly an ascona sr/e they are very rare in the uk as they usually had to be specially ordered as far as the history of her goes she was built in antwerp back in 1982 and was first used as a military police car on some army base in germany she was then brought back to england by one of the soldier's from that base in 1986 and was given a age related registration number i acquired her in june 2000 when her last owner was going to give her to some banger racers so i rescued her and restored her to her present condition for her full story can be read here http://www.mk2cav.com/index.php/topic,9062.0.htmlthere only 2 sr/e's known to the club the other one is owned by andy king the clubs founder Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174084 Thanks for the info!Now I get it!Nice such a rare car!A few pics:sre for parts. Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174087 Hi Wiemar welcome to the site ,that looks a very nice car you have, are they rare in your part of the world? What is the one parked next to you with the front end missing? Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174088 Thanks!Yes the ascona c is a rare car on the biggest opel meetings in the country there are 2 or mayby 3 to find.Ascona sre are even more rare I have never seen one before the one parked next to mine with the front end missing!Thats a sre to A very bad one.I have used it for parts. Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174089 What's my 2door?Isn't that an ascona SRe?I know it's LHD saloon not a hatch :angel: Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174092 What's my 2door?Isn't that an ascona SRe?I know it's LHD saloon not a hatch :angel:"e" is German, einspritzung (injection) I think.Yours has just a carburetter (vergaser), hence yours is an SR. Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174102 is your sr/e not fitted with a sunroof mine is a non sunroof model i also have another r/h/d ascona c its a 82 ascona 1.6 s berlina auto in gold Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174107 No mine is a non sunroof model to.I thought that was optional.Is that other ascona c on the forum?Then I will take a look at. Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174108 Thats a nice one to!A original opel ascona in the UK again right? Report
June 23, 201214 yr comment_174118 yes the gold one is a r/h/d too heres some photos of her enjoyUploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us i'm loving your silver sr/e the only other silver one ive seen was a french one here is a photo of andy king's sr/e the only other sr/e in the ukUploaded with ImageShack.us Report
June 24, 201214 yr comment_174138 Thanks! Very nice ascona friend!That gt/cd lip under the front bumper is really cool! I have him too with new fog lights!I have seen the sr/e in the movies and on pictures thats a very nice one too!!You are missing a window crank cap on picture goldascona3... Do you need a new one?Take your time, translate it with google or something and take a look at this: http://www.copeparts.nl/nl/shop/ascona_c/sub,3/gid,13almost everything is new and original!And for some info http://www.ascona-info.de/ Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.