Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ascona SRe from Holland

Featured Replies

Hello

I'm Wiemar from Holland, 26years old and I found you on youtube with your great movies.

I want to show you my '83 1.8E Ascona SRe  8)

10s5dkw.jpg

ao84l2.jpg

Greet,

Wiemar

hi wiemar welcome to the site i too own an ascona sr/e mine is a 82 model but its a right hand drive version

Thank you guys!

It is a great site!

How is it possible ascona sr/e in england? Can you tell me the story about it.

Its all vauxhall right?

Thanks,

Wiemar

Ps: very nice sr/e!! ;D

hi wiemar  she's not a vauxhall she definetly an ascona sr/e they are very rare in the uk as they usually had to be specially ordered as far as the history of her goes she was built in antwerp back in 1982 and was first used as a military police car on some army base in germany she was then brought back to england by one of the soldier's from that base in 1986 and was given a age related registration number i acquired her in june 2000 when her last owner was going to give her to some banger racers so i rescued her and restored her to her present condition for her full story can be read here

http://www.mk2cav.com/index.php/topic,9062.0.html

there only 2 sr/e's known to the club the other one is owned by andy king the clubs founder

Thanks for the info!

Now I get it!

Nice such a rare car!

A few pics:

2gw6mvd.jpg

35lgej8.jpg

2nte7op.jpg

sre for parts.  :D

2urxg5j.jpg

zv4d8k.jpg

Hi Wiemar welcome to the site ,that looks a very nice car you have, are they rare in your part of the world?  What is the one parked next to you with the front end missing?

Thanks!

Yes the ascona c is a rare car on the biggest opel meetings in the country there are  2 or mayby 3 to find.

Ascona sre are even more rare I have never seen one before the one parked next to mine with the front end missing!

Thats a sre to  :D

A very bad one.

I have used it for parts.

What's my 2door?

Isn't that an ascona SRe?

I know it's LHD saloon not a hatch

  :angel:

What's my 2door?

Isn't that an ascona SRe?

I know it's LHD saloon not a hatch

  :angel:

"e" is German, einspritzung (injection) I think.

Yours has just a carburetter (vergaser), hence yours is an SR.

is your sr/e not fitted with a sunroof mine is a non sunroof model i also have another r/h/d ascona c its a 82 ascona 1.6 s berlina auto in gold

No mine is a non sunroof model to.

I thought that was optional.

Is that other ascona c on the forum?

Then I will take a look at.

Thats a nice one to!

A original opel ascona in the UK again right?

yes the gold one is a r/h/d too heres some photos of her enjoy

goldascona1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us goldascona2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us goldascona3.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i'm loving your silver sr/e the only other silver one ive seen was a french one

here is a photo of andy king's sr/e the only other sr/e in the uk

andysascona1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks! :D

Very nice ascona friend!

That gt/cd lip under the front bumper is really cool! I have him too with new fog lights!

I have seen the sr/e in the movies and on pictures thats a very nice one too!!

You are missing a window crank cap on picture goldascona3... Do you need a new one?

Take your time, translate it with google or something and take a look at this: http://www.copeparts.nl/nl/shop/ascona_c/sub,3/gid,13

almost everything is new and original!

And for some info http://www.ascona-info.de/ :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.