April 28, 201214 yr comment_170488 Hi all new to the forum and new to vauxhalls full stop! So anyways I've got my hands on a 1986 vauxhall cavalier 1.6 ohv Antibes in red(faded!) it's abit of a pearl in my eyes its covered 40,000 miles from new hardly any rust as to speak off the interior is mint hardly sat in!!! Full red carpets and trim seats all original down to the radio. I couldn't believe the mileage so I checked the receipts that came with it and every mot and certificate from 1989 and all the owner books etc!!!!One happy bunny for £150!!!Going to restore this well the little it needs to a newish standard and hope to be at some shows this year!!! Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_170491 Welcome to the site mate!! Sounds like you've got a right rare bargain. Years ago my friend used to have a D plate Antibes hatch in red. The carpet was something else lol. Get some pics up please, would love to see one again ;D Report
April 28, 201214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_170492 You jammy git what a bloody bargin that is!!! Welcome to the site by the way lol Get some pictures up would love to see what it looks like inside ;D any help or advice needed don't hesitate to ask there's plenty of knowledge on here Report
April 28, 201214 yr Author comment_170493 I brought it off a friend from work who's to busy restoring a jenson interceptor 111 and just wants it off his drive by Friday.It's still on the original log book 1 owner from new!Yeah I sure will I'll get some up about this time tomorrow!! I'm really excited about this project more than any in the past, are the Antibes rare then?? Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_170495 Very rare lol! We need picture of her hehe. Welcome to the club, btw! Report
April 28, 201214 yr Author comment_170498 I promise pictures for tomorrow watch this space!!! Lol I never knew to be honest as I said I'm new to vauxhall but when he mentioned it I knew I had to look at it and I saw it and said I'll take it!Although with it being red it has faded!!! Report
April 28, 201214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_170500 I promise pictures for tomorrow watch this space!!! Lol I never knew to be honest as I said I'm new to vauxhall but when he mentioned it I knew I had to look at it and I saw it and said I'll take it!Although with it being red it has faded!!!Oh yes certainly rare and certainly a bargin at £150!!! If doesn't need painting get ya polish out and give it a dam good buffing Report
April 28, 201214 yr Author comment_170501 Yeah I'm going to flat it down with 3000grit then mop it up if that fails I'll spray it. I really want to keep the Antibes graphics and the pin stripe down the side?? Report
April 28, 201214 yr Author comment_170502 You'll have to pop and look at it jimmy I'm only brownhills Walsall way! Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_170503 Well done that man look forward to the pictures you will love a mk2 cavalier their bloody top Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_170504 You'll have to pop and look at it jimmy I'm only brownhills Walsall way!Welcome , this sounds like the steal of the century , can't wait for the pics , is this hatch or saloon ? Report
April 28, 201214 yr Author comment_170505 It's the 5 door hatch, I would of liked the saloon but beggars can't be choosers on that price!!I'm going to try my best to get it on the road as soon as poss, on the standard 1.6 the a c20xe on twin 40's for next season. Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_170506 Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing some pictures of this. It's certainly a bargain! Report
April 28, 201214 yr comment_170517 You'll have to pop and look at it jimmy I'm only brownhills Walsall way!Mate, I'm in Walsall myself!! I'll come and have a butchers at it, if its not raining I may even bring the SRi Report
April 29, 201214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_170519 Mate, I'm in Walsall myself!! I'll come and have a butchers at it, if its not raining I may even bring the SRi Talk about not wanting to be left out pmsl :P only joking matt lewis1 sounds great fella shall hopefully take you up on that offer one day If you can before you do any body work take it to a local graphics place see if they can help you also send robbie a pm an ask him about his Take a look at robbie's thread for his antibes an awesome read for an awesome car his also has been fitted with an XE on carbs 8) 8) 8)http://www.mk2cav.com/index.php/topic,1305.0.html Report
April 29, 201214 yr Author comment_170566 how do i upload images people???ive got quite a few images to upload shall i start a project thread??Many Thanks AllGrrrr im itching to get these photos up any clues anyone??? Report
April 29, 201214 yr comment_170572 HiYou need to make a free account somewhere like photobucket, upload the images there, and then you put the image codes on here! There is a thread somewhere on how to which I'm sure makes it much simpler than my description! Report
April 29, 201214 yr Author comment_170573 [img width=768 height=1024]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0205.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0206.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0208.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0209.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0210.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0211.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0213.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0214.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0215.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0217.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0218.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s498/lewis163/IMG_0221.jpg Report
April 29, 201214 yr Author comment_170575 it needs quite i abit of elbow grease just to get it up to scratch, and there's that bit of rust on the front bumper and and a small bit on the back arches, once that sorted a damn good MOP hould bring alot back and no doubt eventually a full spray.Does anyone have any ideas on wheel, im going to keep the wheel trims for originality but i do want some nice alloys! Report
April 29, 201214 yr comment_170576 Does anyone have any ideas on wheel, im going to keep the wheel trims for originality but i do want some nice alloys!I'm going to do the same with my GL. Keep the original wheels and trims for winter, and if I want the original look, but I also got her some Irmscher diamond cut rims to spoil her in the summer. I'm not the one to advice on the best wheels, though! I'll leave the chaps to that! She looks really good for what you paid, though. You'll have her up to scratch in no time. I look forward to seeing a WIP thread. Report
April 29, 201214 yr comment_170586 Thats right dawn time you got your alloys on and some pics. Report
April 29, 201214 yr Author comment_170587 I have got some cav slabs in my pals garage, but maybe some diamond cut compomotive th maybee when funds allow! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.