Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New mk2 owner, maybe you recognise it?

Featured Replies

Hi all, new here from Gloucester

Picked up the mk2 today, the previous owner mentioned being on an owners club so you 'may' recognise it. Its all standard base model 1.3 :( but not for long, already got a shopping list on the go and ordered quite a bit of stuff for her today :)

Anyway here's the pics, and I'll start a progress thread shortly, I do hope your not afraid of some transplants/conversions taking place :)

cavalier.jpg

cavalier2.jpg

  • Author

So far I have 60mm springs ordered, Vectra 4 stud 15" wheels here, earlier rear lights as prefer those, calibra front brake set up, cavalier mk3 rear brake set up (both ready to fit), and a Saab 900 2.0 Turbo complete engine box ecu loom etc in my shed ready for transplant in the next couple weeks.. thinking about the dark grey/black paint on lower of car like SRI but unsure of this just yet

The car is solid so a very good base for an old skool project

So far I have 60mm springs ordered, Vectra 4 stud 15" wheels here, earlier rear lights as prefer those, calibra front brake set up, cavalier mk3 rear brake set up (both ready to fit), and a Saab 900 2.0 Turbo complete engine box ecu loom etc in my shed ready for transplant in the next couple weeks.. thinking about the dark grey/black paint on lower of car like SRI but unsure of this just yet

The car is solid so a very good base for an old skool project

You have your work cut out with the saab engine, any advise just ask me, check out my thread on the saab engine, richies saab powered cav in the project section.

  • Author

Thanks mate, they a git to fit are they? Well I have access to the whole car as well as the engine box etc..

  • CLUB MEMBER

Sounds good, welcome to the club.  Is this the 1.3l that appeared recently?  It looked ripe for a modding.  Are you seam welding the engine bay and/or any other strengthening to take the turbo lump?

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Thanks mate, they a git to fit are they? Well I have access to the whole car as well as the engine box etc..

You will need to fabricate new mounts to fit under the chassis legs, one for the rear gearbox, the sump will need altering  as the sub leg hits the corner(thats if your fitting the long legs as yours will be short), than the leg will need a section cut and boxed, part of the engine bay will need some slight modifying as the alternator is too close, you will also need a abs sensor on a leg due to the speed signal in the ecu, you can buy a loom from astra nige on migweb, this will connect straight into the saab loom.

What engine have you got?

  • Author

Thanks for info mate, Its a b204l I believe (think thats right) and its the type that has a dizzy cap and leads (like older type).. me and my brother will be taking it on in next couple weeks, I can cut bits out of the saab if it helps, and is the loom expensive as that sounds a must for me

  • Author

Also Richie, would I NEED to change the legs? Or can I make it work with the ones I have?

Welcome to the club mate. Enjoy your stay  :)

Car looks a really good base to start with  :)

  • Author

Thanks mate, yeah the car is solid throughout!! I enjoy the forum community, I also own a 2010 Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI SRI XP thats 216bhp and on an astra club as an asst regional organiser..

Going to get cracking with the car though cant wait :)

  • Author

cheers, will take some better pics tomorrow, even all the carpets and boot carpets are immaculate...  :D

Welcome to the site buddy. Nice base to work from, nice to see with the rare front fogs too, which I'm guessing were added as a factory fitted option when it was new.

  • Author

Thanks,

Just found out the Turbo was gone in the Saab :(

BUT

Been offered a 2.3T as a replacement, any experience on this? Same level of skill required? Basically can it be done? lol

  • CLUB MEMBER

Nice rare car !

 The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's

Thanks,

Just found out the Turbo was gone in the Saab :(

BUT

Been offered a 2.3T as a replacement, any experience on this? Same level of skill required? Basically can it be done? lol

Is it the TD04 from an aero?, if so then it's ok but your need to adjust some of the water and oil pipes, give me a bell anytime for some advise, 01823 430420.

regards

Richie

  • Author

Thanks a lot mate, appreciated :)

Will let you know what I end up getting mate :)

  • Author

Was going to stick it on ebay mate see if i can get a drink for it. It runs mint and is really clean

  • Author

not sure mate, I need a injection fuel tank and in line pump for the redtop to work so enough to cover the cost of used parts I need mate.. Not after making profit, so as long as it covers the parts I need :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.