January 13, 201214 yr comment_163905 Hi all, new here from GloucesterPicked up the mk2 today, the previous owner mentioned being on an owners club so you 'may' recognise it. Its all standard base model 1.3 but not for long, already got a shopping list on the go and ordered quite a bit of stuff for her today Anyway here's the pics, and I'll start a progress thread shortly, I do hope your not afraid of some transplants/conversions taking place Report
January 13, 201214 yr Author comment_163907 So far I have 60mm springs ordered, Vectra 4 stud 15" wheels here, earlier rear lights as prefer those, calibra front brake set up, cavalier mk3 rear brake set up (both ready to fit), and a Saab 900 2.0 Turbo complete engine box ecu loom etc in my shed ready for transplant in the next couple weeks.. thinking about the dark grey/black paint on lower of car like SRI but unsure of this just yetThe car is solid so a very good base for an old skool project Report
January 13, 201214 yr comment_163909 So far I have 60mm springs ordered, Vectra 4 stud 15" wheels here, earlier rear lights as prefer those, calibra front brake set up, cavalier mk3 rear brake set up (both ready to fit), and a Saab 900 2.0 Turbo complete engine box ecu loom etc in my shed ready for transplant in the next couple weeks.. thinking about the dark grey/black paint on lower of car like SRI but unsure of this just yetThe car is solid so a very good base for an old skool projectYou have your work cut out with the saab engine, any advise just ask me, check out my thread on the saab engine, richies saab powered cav in the project section. Report
January 13, 201214 yr Author comment_163911 Thanks mate, they a git to fit are they? Well I have access to the whole car as well as the engine box etc.. Report
January 13, 201214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_163919 Sounds good, welcome to the club. Is this the 1.3l that appeared recently? It looked ripe for a modding. Are you seam welding the engine bay and/or any other strengthening to take the turbo lump? Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
January 13, 201214 yr comment_163924 Thanks mate, they a git to fit are they? Well I have access to the whole car as well as the engine box etc..You will need to fabricate new mounts to fit under the chassis legs, one for the rear gearbox, the sump will need altering as the sub leg hits the corner(thats if your fitting the long legs as yours will be short), than the leg will need a section cut and boxed, part of the engine bay will need some slight modifying as the alternator is too close, you will also need a abs sensor on a leg due to the speed signal in the ecu, you can buy a loom from astra nige on migweb, this will connect straight into the saab loom.What engine have you got? Report
January 13, 201214 yr Author comment_163930 Thanks for info mate, Its a b204l I believe (think thats right) and its the type that has a dizzy cap and leads (like older type).. me and my brother will be taking it on in next couple weeks, I can cut bits out of the saab if it helps, and is the loom expensive as that sounds a must for me Report
January 13, 201214 yr Author comment_163932 Also Richie, would I NEED to change the legs? Or can I make it work with the ones I have? Report
January 13, 201214 yr comment_163938 Welcome to the club mate. Enjoy your stay Car looks a really good base to start with Report
January 13, 201214 yr Author comment_163947 Thanks mate, yeah the car is solid throughout!! I enjoy the forum community, I also own a 2010 Vauxhall Astra 1.9 CDTI SRI XP thats 216bhp and on an astra club as an asst regional organiser.. Going to get cracking with the car though cant wait Report
January 13, 201214 yr Author comment_163952 cheers, will take some better pics tomorrow, even all the carpets and boot carpets are immaculate... Report
January 13, 201214 yr comment_163956 Welcome to the site buddy. Nice base to work from, nice to see with the rare front fogs too, which I'm guessing were added as a factory fitted option when it was new. Report
January 14, 201214 yr Author comment_163970 Thanks, Just found out the Turbo was gone in the Saab BUTBeen offered a 2.3T as a replacement, any experience on this? Same level of skill required? Basically can it be done? lol Report
January 14, 201214 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_163978 Nice rare car ! The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's Report
January 14, 201214 yr comment_163982 Thanks, Just found out the Turbo was gone in the Saab BUTBeen offered a 2.3T as a replacement, any experience on this? Same level of skill required? Basically can it be done? lolIs it the TD04 from an aero?, if so then it's ok but your need to adjust some of the water and oil pipes, give me a bell anytime for some advise, 01823 430420.regardsRichie Report
January 14, 201214 yr Author comment_163985 Thanks a lot mate, appreciated Will let you know what I end up getting mate Report
January 15, 201214 yr Author comment_164045 Was going to stick it on ebay mate see if i can get a drink for it. It runs mint and is really clean Report
January 15, 201214 yr Author comment_164095 not sure mate, I need a injection fuel tank and in line pump for the redtop to work so enough to cover the cost of used parts I need mate.. Not after making profit, so as long as it covers the parts I need Report
January 15, 201214 yr comment_164097 ok mate .let me know before u stick it on ebay.where r u based mate? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.