September 15, 201115 yr comment_157857 Hi, Im Mick and live just north of Lincoln.I have just bought an SRi Hatch and collect it tomorrow (its the one for sale in Merseyside in the For sale section). This is the 5th Mk2 I have had over the years. Started with a China Blue 1600L Hatch DNG 907Y. Then a Carmine red 1600L Hatch B590 SKF (I think), Mexico red 1800 SRi Hatch D366 WTV and a 1600 LD Saloon E401 RBE....sad I can remember so much from memory I expect all the previous ones are dead by now :'(I have been looking on and off for a while but the prices of usable ones has kept climbing and with family and many other projects had meant I couldnt get one. A good mate of mine has LX saloon about 5 miles away, another has a Mk2 Astra SXi as a daily, we all live in the past ;DI will put a pic here from the seller as I havent got any of it yet myself..[img width=640 height=480]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v616/oldfordfan/Cavalier%20SRi/Photo0070.jpg Report
September 15, 201115 yr Author comment_157860 Thanks for the welcome...Needs a light tidy on a rear arch and a couple of mechanical bits. Wheel bearing rumbling and intermittent fuel gauge....hopefully thats all I am going to fit standard springs again as its too low at the back end and the Dealer Sport stickers are coming off Report
September 15, 201115 yr comment_157862 welcome to the club mick don't worry about the fuel gauge not working its standard issure with most mk2 cavs ;D Report
September 16, 201115 yr comment_157874 Welcome to mk2 heaven mateyNice Cav you got there.As Ken says the fuel gauge is normal but you could try VERY VERY CARFULLY (as the can easy breakoff)re moving the sender unit wires, clean the contacts up, use grease and re fit the wires. That worked for me more than once. Nice easy job to do and if it works RESULT! also while under the car just give the fuel pipes a wiggle and see if they leak as that's been an issue on more than one of my cavs. Just make sure you have new pipe to hand and new clips!Other than that it's normal car probs you have mate.Part of the fun is that you can fix these cars yourself instead of ridiculous dealer prices. :-)Enjoy the car and maybe more importantly enjoy the site. Report
September 16, 201115 yr comment_157897 Hi mate welcome to the madhouseAm just down the road in sunny Cleethorpes Report
September 16, 201115 yr comment_157905 i didnt know cleethorpes was sunny?? welcome to the chaos anyway ;D Report
September 17, 201115 yr Author comment_157921 Collected it last night, 2 hour drive back home I love it Gonna have to find reasons to go places now to drive it more ;D Today its going to get washed and cleaned out then polish if it stays dry Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.