Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newbie to MK2 Cav's!

Featured Replies

Hi mate, great find and love that boot floor. :o

Nice Find - but that boot floor is serious!  :o At the end of the day anything is saveable if you have the skill and time but I think your absolutely right in that this is a reshell project. Good Luck with it.

Cheers

Mal

  • Author

Thing is if it was just the boot floor then I would get one from a MK3 Cavalier or similar, but it's through to the rear chassis legs and the inner sills all the way through the car! I drear to see the bulkhead behind the dash and sound deadening :o

Glad you rescued it mate. Good luck with whatever you decide. But remember you have one hell of a find there to be honest. A very sought after model. Would make a great restoration project and as somebody said anything is repairable but its up to you how much time and effort and money you want to throw at it. Good luck matey  :)

Are you going to take Gregs crown for taking on a complete basket case?

Thats one proper rotten cav mate, id be buying a clean hatch for a few hundred quid and swapping all the nice bits over

What would Gordon do?

  • Author

Are you going to take Gregs crown for taking on a complete basket case?

Thats one proper rotten cav mate, id be buying a clean hatch for a few hundred quid and swapping all the nice bits over

Done enough welding in my time mate, I know frome experience there's no point. Once the car's rotten to a certain point it's never the same again. Re-shell time, I was in contact with a gent about a mint shell but he randomly changed his price so I told him where to go, if you see a decent one though let me know! :o

  • CLUB MEMBER

Are you going to take Gregs crown for taking on a complete basket case?

Thats one proper rotten cav mate, id be buying a clean hatch for a few hundred quid and swapping all the nice bits over

lmfao ;D

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 2 months later...

Just wondering if any update on this one?

I've finally got to see the pics. I read the thread back in August, but at work and the photos were blocked from loading.

I've just done a search to find the thread and OMG, the rot in this one is shocking! Like a scene from the Titanic wreck  :o

My phobia of rust causing me to have an attack again! lol

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Sorry about the lack of updates, not even had a chance to look at the car, it's stripped out just now and the shell is ready for the scrappy :(

I've been let down with 3 different shells, 2 of which were rotten and the 1 minter I did find the seller bumped his price up at the last second so that fell through as well :(

I've lost all motivation because of this, was really looking forward to getting stuck into it as well.

Looks like I'm going to sell the parts of the car and I might give away the identity of the car to any serious MK2 enthusiast! (I know I'm in the right place :)) I may even sell it as a whole for the right offer, ideally again I would like to see it back on the road.

shame mate would have been great to see it fixed

would have been a great car back in the day

  • Author

shame mate would have been great to see it fixed

would have been a great car back in the day

Would have been a great car now if I could have found the right shell, to say I'm gutted is an understatement :( :'(

  • 7 months later...

Any update on this and what happened to it?

There was a white L hatch pop up fir sale recently that could have been a re-shell donor.

Any joy?

:o  omg  what a shame!!  some 1 should had looked after it rather then get it rotten another 130 just got wasted !!!!!!!!!  RIP  :(

:o  omg  what a shame!!  some1 should had looked after it that 130 just got wasted, gudluk to you pal  hope you get it back on the road..

That could be a bit difficult as the post before yours said that it is now probably DVD player cases in China.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.