Everything posted by GunzieAscona891
-
Senator A1 two pot front calipers would it work
Good day guys I don't have physica access to the calipers would like to find out if these beefy had boys would work on my Ascona C Two pot calipers from Senator A1
-
Need information about this green rat rod
Hi there all I'd love to find out what's the story behind this cav I know its redtop that's about it Lovely patnina ratrod
-
Cav L 17k miles from New project!
Looks awesome ๐๐ How low is it?
-
1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
2025 Here's what I've done so far Chrome exterior handles Chrome interior handles senator Senator glovebox button Commodore chrome door locks Still need to swap over the lock pins Hopefully getting centre caps for the rims Rear right door handle has to be repaired I've few parts that needs to be fitted Brand new radiator (aftermarket) Brand new coolant bottle(aftermarket) Rear left quarter vent Astra mk4 handbrake cable
-
1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
So brief update on my ascona since I've posted last In December 2023 bloke that cutting my grass accidentally broke my left rear quarter vent window After a nightmare trying to find the glass I finally managed to find the glass Still busy installing it. Got the digital cluster to work somehow by itself Car won't start now suspect it's the ignition switch Radiator leak got worse luckily managed to source a new one still need to get a brand new expansion tank and radiator hoses. Sourced astra mk4 handbrake cable hopefully it works ๐ค๐ค Theres a oil leak I can't track down ๐คท Don't know after 39 years if the engine is finally finished.
-
1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
Hi there just a cheeky little update on my Ascona haven't been able to work on the car with the new baby she demands all my time. Unfortunately not the good kind of update๐ I've found an oil leak that I've yet to determine the source Engine is covered in oil However found out where one oil leak is coming from near the oil pump. The rest is still a mystery. Also found that the radiator is leaking seems like I will be needing one sooner than I thought ๐ค Yes I've two fuel filters on so that the carburettor doesn't flood. I am using a fuel separator and a universal electric fuel pump. So the list continue on what still needs fixing ๐โฌ๏ธ ยฐHandbrake doesn't work so need to get custom cables or use astra mk5 cables. ยฐDigital cluster sort out it's bugs ยฐTemperate gauge isn't working cause it's not connected. Engine bay side. Will need new temp switch. ยฐBrakes isn't how I imagine it should be will see if I can find a different brake servo perhaps it's my servo. My problem is that brakes engage rather low and not as high as I thought it would be. ยฐDrivers seat is falling apart need new seat foam. ยฐ The car has a hard start that I can figure out when you go to start it for the first time morning/afternoon/night doesn't matter it swings like the battery is completely flat then afterwards it would start Don't know if it's the starter or if there is a connection problem somewhere. ยฐI've yet to fit my lowering springs a bit afraid of taking the struts out ๐ haven't removed struts before on a car that I drive Only on the spare cars but will grow a pair and tackle that job when I get there. Also on the hunt for some other rims I've grown tired of the teardrops now. I'm torn on my engine choice to replace my 1800 carburettor C20xe 20seh X20xev Z32se V6 C20xe is the ultimate choice but it's getting ridiculous these days. V6 is one of the engines I really want but they weren't really available in South Africa ๐ฟ๐ฆ.only available in rwd omega b 2.6 y26se So parts are very scares and only imported engines are available here. X20xev is a engine I'd settle for very underrated 20seh if I can get one I will take it I won't be fussy. I've too many ideas and never stick to one. I've recently done this brake upgrade but now I want to go 5 stud ๐คฆ yes you've guessed correctly turbo wheels ๐โบ๏ธ- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
Haven't done much to this one yet in the last few months. I've only done repairs. Fuel pump Leaking fuel pipes Brakes felt very spongy but think I'm use to it now. Digital cluster isn't working stuck at 0km/H Still need to sort out the handbrake cable.- South African 1984 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed Hatchback
Hi there again guys so I've taken pictures of underneath isn't the best pics but will try to take better ones today. I'm going to leave the dents I think it gives the car some character. Will paint the underneath black just to keep it from rusting. For now need to source some wheels don't really want to leave it on my Rover wheels- South African 1984 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed Hatchback
So on the 22nd September I got the car on wheels again after standing on blocks for a good few weeks car almost fell off the blocks๐คฆ. Hopefully if I can get the brake line adaptors I can fit the astra mk2 rear disc setup and bleed the brakes and see what happens after that.- South African 1984 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed Hatchback
Forgot to mention that the suspension would also do with a complete refresh. The idea I have is to is to 18se engine Rear disc conversion astra mk2 280mm meriva front discs 15 inch Opel rims perhaps cav gsi slabs ๐ or something like that will have to see Digital cluster- South African 1984 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed Hatchback
- South African 1984 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed Hatchback
So in February I bought a 1984 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed Hatchback For a super bargin Car needs some work but overall it looks not to bad. There is some cosmetics needing fixing but I like it as it is don't intent on spraying it. So I started breaking it but I've stopped in the middle of it and having another idea to fix it instead of braking it cause body is solid. Please let me know what your thoughts are. Save it, break it and scrap it. So faults on the car I sold master cylinder Rear brakes needs attention Need a master cylinder or just swap the brake servo and master cylinder all together. Will need new wheels Cluster isn't working Door handles Engine is finished my thought is just to fit a fuel injection engine 20seh or even a 18se doesn't matter. I test fitted a Kadett E (astra mk2) brake servo and master cylinder to it just need some adapters for the brake lines then the master cylinder might work. I fitted my spare highlights to it Astra mk2 left mirror I fitted rear disc from astra mk3 but I purposely fitted the right side to the left to see if it would work ๐yes I know I'm insane.- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
Hi there everyone so I bought a mid spec snowplough still look looking for left side. If anyone has one please let me know if you are willing to send it to South Africa.- New Member, New Cav Owner, Long-Term Monza Owner!
Beautiful car mate. If only the made estates in South Africa.- Abandoned 1984 Opel ascona 1.8 Gls automatic
Hi all so there is this 1984 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls automatic that I have been trying to buy from this one guy the car is just standing infront of the yard. He says the gearboxis faulty. Problem is its automatic I would like to find out what parts would I need to swap it to manual? Floors and arches are still solid. It hasn't moved since 2016/2017 becaused of the defective automatic gearbox. What other automatic gearbox would work? Unfortunately we never got the mk3 cavalier /opel vectra in South Africa so the next best thing would be astra mk3 or astra f like we call it. I have a spare f16 for my white car I have astra mk2 manual bits would like to know if it would work on the Ascona? Shifter mechanism Shifter Clutch pedal Clutch cable Cv joints- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes much appreciated. ๐- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
- 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
Hi there guys I am Curtley Prince from South Africa๐ฟ๐ฆ๐ฟ๐ฆ I've owned my 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed Hatchback for the last 4 years. Through the years the car has seen many repairs or should I say tasteful upgrades. Bought the car with 13 inch steel wheels. Processed to buy white 14 inch tear drops. Drove the car for few months Battery gave in Replaced battery Fuel pump gave in Replaced it Then the carburator Replaced it with KEIHIN KS2 popular conversion in South Africa (citi golf carburator) Got a counterfeit pan cake K&N filter Cylinder two on the head didn't have any spark Got head reconditioned Accelerator cable broke Used a mk1 golf accelerator cable I thought the carburator was faulty because the settings wasn't proper Near the end of 2020 the head gasket went unbeknownst to me. Replaced the fuel pump again Unfortunately didn't solve the issue In April 2021 The head gasket was done Carburator was reconditioned In May 2021 I replaced the front brake pads In August 2021 The right rear wheel cylinder burst Which caused the wheel to lock Left the car like that In 2022 January I proceed to fit the astra mk2 rear disc setup Drove the car like that for better part of a year without handbrake In August 2022 I imported left mirror from UK Cause they are extremely rare in South Africa in October 2022 I had the tear drops reconditioned I got Lcd digital cluster fitted Ignition wire burned for a second time. November 2022 I fitted the cheapest HID kits I could find. Demeber 2022 I fitted 256mm front discs with FN52/24 calipers January 2023 I fitted astra mk5 rear disc setup After bleeding the brakes the brake master cylinder gave in Huge fluid leak into the brake booster I was lucky to find a suitable replacement apparently the escort mk3 and opel ascona uses the same brake master cylinder. - 1985 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls 5speed
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions โ Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App โ Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari โ Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings โ Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.