January 14, 20233 yr comment_224198 Hi all so there is this 1984 Opel Ascona 1.8 Gls automatic that I have been trying to buy from this one guy the car is just standing infront of the yard. He says the gearboxis faulty. Problem is its automatic I would like to find out what parts would I need to swap it to manual? Floors and arches are still solid. It hasn't moved since 2016/2017 becaused of the defective automatic gearbox. What other automatic gearbox would work? Unfortunately we never got the mk3 cavalier /opel vectra in South Africa so the next best thing would be astra mk3 or astra f like we call it. I have a spare f16 for my white car I have astra mk2 manual bits would like to know if it would work on the Ascona? Shifter mechanism Shifter Clutch pedal Clutch cable Cv joints Report
January 26, 20233 yr comment_224235 Any F16 with the top gearbox mount holes will work. F18s and F20s will also fit if you're able to make a rear mount to suit What would Gordon do? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.