Everything posted by vxcalibre
- 85' Cavalier 1.6 L
- 85' Cavalier 1.6 L
-
85 Cavalier SRi
don't remember any in the many years of mk2 ownership, the only other issue I had was a dodgy earth at the rear panel
-
Tonys saloon project
great start! so sorry, I tipped a set of LXi door cards from a black F plate saloon , bought to replace my "chopped for kurb light" pockets, lesson learned keep everything, will find a home one day......
-
New member looking for a mk2
the coach line! could be fresh off the local network Q forecourt......
-
85 Cavalier SRi
do you have an immobiliser, depends on where the join was made could be an issue? can you try another known working relay........ years ago my car was used as a donor for spares when I worked at Vauxhall!
- Hatchback
-
85 Cavalier SRi
morning! very nice. you could be in with a chance of "longest owned" award??
- morning !
- morning !
-
Firsts.
the Leicester police, useless would be an improvement! I'm south of the city, Cavs been locked away since 2010 but spent many years terrorising the tarmac in wigston, the 1st owner was in Medbourne, and 2nd in Anstey.
-
Firsts.
morning, here's my cav history, my 1st was a 1300 4 door, in autumn gold. B660NLX, supplied new from Normand Heathrow to a whiskey distiller. I fitted most of the gl bits like steering wheel, electric mirrors, rev counter, boot release and sri spoiler.... being 17! lasted me just under a year, when I found no.2 for sale, E235FJU, 1.8 Li, another 4 door in Nordic blue. Supplied new by erringtons Evington on a 3year contract, car featured in the 92 stylistic graphics brouchure, something to do with petrolon who I believe marketed slick 50? I fitted a rev counter, boot spoiler, golf mk2 steel 14" wheels with astra "f" si trims. Then, a year later an advert in the local rag led me to no. 3, my calibre F68LUT which obviously is a 4 door too, (pattern emerging here) this was supplied new from Batchelor Bowles Leicester, to a wood yard in mkt harbourough. I also bought an E reg 1.6 l to use for a week while my vectras gearbox was being repaired, gave 15 quid for it, with tax and mot!! also bought a D reg hatch, just for the heater motor, I say bought, actually was the cost of a weatherspoons burger, a bargain. these 2 were moved on and used for spares, FJU was parked up for 3-4 years outside a terraced house in Aylestone, presumed scrapped, NLX was stolen in 1994 and abandoned on a park in Leicester, so the nice police man told me at 6am one sunday! and so far, LUT survives.........
-
morning !
well, 22 months later, a not too impressive bonnet. the keenest eyes will notice its in the open position, with cat prints sliding down the once proudly autoglym'd paint. CAT prints, so can anyone explain what the cat was doing? as I have 2 mice nests in the boot .......... they've eaten the first 6 pages of my amp instructions, and the blue photo pass number from trax '99
- morning !
- morning !
-
morning !
morning all, thought id say hello after finally registering on here! please excuse the user name, I really have no imagination! (that's give the game away) this leads nicely to disclose that somewhere, deep behind the bbq, patio table, bags of cement, tile cutters and copper pipe there lies in my garage a certain 4 door Vauxhall. now, if I were to confirm the boot lid is graced with those immortal words, cavalier, 2.0i, that may raise the odd eye brow? its important to note the tail pipe sports the name irmscher on the tip, and if you are able to get around the junk you might find a little "I" badge on the grill. so, the old girl once found, is clearly dusty since the last wash and coat of autoglym 12 mths ago, and has some good old Vauxhall rust emerging by the windscreen rubber, and where some nob cut vents into the bonnet over 20 years ago, (we all make mistakes in our late teens) but don't look too bad on the surface. she was at billing 2010, but in the carpark as ive been out of touch with the clubs! she starts, breathing through her irmscher inlet, there is a bulb out on the gte digi dash, and she does need a bit of mig work here and there for next mot. so, in answer to the question, yes, F68LUT lives. Andy