Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

vxcalibre

NON MEMBER
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vxcalibre

  1. off topic... my dad had a midnight blue astra 3 door, was some sort of dealer special called eclipse, they did 6 of them, had the sri spoiler and white wheel trims and a white coach line with eclipse on the wing.
  2. vxcalibre commented on andy's blog entry in The RedTop
    27 years! First thoughts are of Concorde's term in service being the same... So, my boiler, and mk2cav.com outlived the old speedbird
  3. Looks nice, especially with the '87 skirts. back in 1993 I almost bought a steel grey E plate with a flattened back end, sadly the insurer was slow to pay the owner and I needed a car, so picked up my Calibre
  4. vxcalibre replied to Paulegt's topic in NEW USERS
    Fuel diaphragm thing... dont forget the BOSCH application guide listed BMW injected units from the same years, widens the search pool
  5. This looks amazing. Inspiring! one day... i might just get the mig welder out and start mine
  6. vxcalibre replied to Lefty's topic in NEW USERS
    I hated scraping speed humps everywhere, and think you now need a bit of suspension travel for UK roads. That said, it's great to be able to brake later, turn tighter and the looks too. Just need a chiropractor on speed dial
  7. vxcalibre replied to w0z26's topic in NEW USERS
    So Greg has the earths LX resources, and you have monopolised red rag tops😀 that'll keep you busy...
  8. vxcalibre replied to w0z26's topic in NEW USERS
    Looks great just outside! Keep us updated on the strip, hope she's not too bad beneath... My poor old thing has become a storage rack for paint tins, BBQ tools and enough plaster for a modest home renovation! Over the years Ive tipped a full back light set because some 'chrome' was wearing thin, full set of glass when I thought of midnight tints, hens teeth LXi door cards (bought for the storage bins), pair of front indicators because of overspray you'd never see, and the 8K version clock set from a GTE probably tops the lot!
  9. vxcalibre replied to w0z26's topic in NEW USERS
    welcome back to Calibre ownership, HHK I assume...
  10. vxcalibre replied to markjh's topic in NEW USERS
    something about the 87 lower skirts on the saloon, and that lower lip was made for the mk11🤩
  11. vxcalibre replied to markjh's topic in NEW USERS
    Borbet 'A' is the way forward. Something else I should have bought in a previous life selling wheels🤣
  12. vxcalibre replied to markjh's topic in NEW USERS
    Morning Mark, one of my regrets was not buying a cab, long story short I was too impatient and ended up with a saloon
  13. Cool motor. Tailpipe reminds me of my old Piper Tornado
  14. the trick with the steering wheel is NOT to remove the nut completely, leave it on a couple of threads or you can end up smacked in the face...
  15. Couldnt get to Gaydon on the day, but went yesterday. Been about 7 years since the last visit, so nice to see some new displays, seems the Luton heritage cars are on the mezz floor including their Lotus Carlton. WHY didn't I buy one when I had chance to??? to be fair, on reflection it would probably have sat unused and caught tinworm from the rot box...
  16. I really wish the old rot box had sills, and maybe an MOT 🤣
  17. Museum is actually really good, well worth a visit
  18. MOT exempt sir? Old 4 door has to be my favourite, less rattles...
  19. thats a rare find, even has an accessory passenger door mirror, proper 80's car😀 have you considered someone like powerflow to fabricate an exhaust?
  20. Ha. I've got more rust around the fuel flap than you🤣
  21. Thanks Frisco! The amount of time that's been plugged into Tech1 and I'd forgotten all about it...
  22. Hi all, this is a little embarrassing, I've forgotten what a connector is for under the bonnet... Next to the washer bottle, with the RON plug and fuel relay loom. It doesn't go anywhere but has a link fitted/plugged in. Any ideas what it's for appreciated. It's an 88 2.0 SEH
  23. Wow, I'd actually forgotten about those door satchells... Pal had some in an early SR saloon (probably liberated from the scrap yard)
  24. Unobtainium! Yes, thats the material🤣

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.