September 20, 20179 yr comment_215794 Hi everybody I'm on the lookout for a mk2 hatchback, hopefully with some mot, I really miss my old one so am on the market for another, can anyone help me please. . Report
September 21, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215797 Great news Kelvin, we need some details.....model and budget (condition dependant of course) is a good start, also how far are you prepared to travel to collect? I guess you want an MOT'd one to drive it home? Did you want a project one (budget dependant I guess). Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
September 21, 20179 yr Author comment_215798 Hi Greg, i'm looking for a hatchback 1.6 or 1.8 mk2 with mot distance not really an issue, at the moment I've got a budget of 1100 but will be rising as the weeks go by. Don't mind a bit of work as long as I can do it on the weekend. Report
September 23, 20179 yr Author comment_215812 A sortof rolling restoration is what I'm after, but not to far gone that I can't use it daily. Report
September 25, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215819 You budget should get some pretty reasonable to be honest.....but prices are creeping up of late. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
September 27, 20179 yr Author comment_215835 Looking at a cavalier tomorrow can't wait, this beauty needs tenderloving care... Report
September 28, 20179 yr comment_215840 15 hours ago, Kelvin berry said: Looking at a cavalier tomorrow can't wait, this beauty needs tenderloving care... how did you get on with the cavalier you were looking at? Report
September 28, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215842 Its the best sort Paul.....bit like your but hatch like Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
September 28, 20179 yr Author comment_215854 Update on cavalier, she's mine now absolutely beautiful she is and by the looks of what I've seen so far not to much to get her back up and on the roads again. I'm so excited I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. Thanks to chris for letting me have her top bloke and seems really genuine. It may be sad of me I know but because she's an lx model I'm calling her lexi. ... Edited September 28, 20179 yr by Kelvin berry Report
September 28, 20179 yr Author comment_215868 8 hours ago, Paul said: how did you get on with the cavalier you were looking at? Fantastic Paul, agreed to take her home with me . Report
September 29, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215875 Pics please Kelvin....plenty of pictures. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
September 29, 20179 yr Author comment_215878 8 hours ago, Greg said: Pics please Kelvin....plenty of pictures. Sorry Greg I'm a complete technophobe I have no idea how to post pics on here, I need a step by step guide to get them on. But I can ask my son to see if he knows how to do it. Report
September 29, 20179 yr Author comment_215879 22 hours ago, Paul said: Awesome fella, now the fun starts Absolutely, i'm just arranging to get her picked up and delivered to my home, then booked in for mot for a list of work that I need to do. Report
September 29, 20179 yr Author comment_215880 Spent the day sourcing parts for my new cavalier, found a new wing off ebay, sills and arches from a place in malvern, and arranged to get her collected for next weekend. Feeling really excited about seeing her again and getting my hands on her. Report
October 2, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215908 I like the enthusiasm Kelvin, good luck Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
October 2, 20179 yr Author comment_215918 4 hours ago, Greg said: I like the enthusiasm Kelvin, good luck She's coming tomorrow it's gonna be a sleepless night tonight , can't wait.. Report
October 3, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215928 Pics.....we need pics please.... Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
October 3, 20179 yr Author comment_215929 4 hours ago, Greg said: Pics.....we need pics please.... Still trying to figure out how to put pics on, just went for mot and it's very bad news the worst is the front subframe needs replacing, as well as new sills inner and outer, both arches , all brake pipes , all suspension, all lights don't work to name but a few jobs, and while I was there she decided to refuse to start , got power to the coil and the starter clicks but won't turn enfine, changed the battery for a new one and makes no difference. So tonight is going to be a research night to find the problem. Report
October 4, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215938 Earth or starter problem. I also had lead to starter corrode inside the cable and same with earth so worth checking! As for posting pics, I can help you with that and it won't cost you hundreds of pounds either!! We can also help you find any bits you need. Pics are drag and drop just below the message window on pc, or paperclip button on mobile. Happy to help just pm me. Report
October 4, 20179 yr Author comment_215943 9 hours ago, andy said: Earth or starter problem. I also had lead to starter corrode inside the cable and same with earth so worth checking! As for posting pics, I can help you with that and it won't cost you hundreds of pounds either!! We can also help you find any bits you need. Pics are drag and drop just below the message window on pc, or paperclip button on mobile. Happy to help just pm me. I'm only on a mobile so any help would be massively appreciated, have taken starter off the car this morning gonna get it checked out and also the Haynes book of lies indicates that it may be the ignition switch. Report
October 4, 20179 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_215944 19 hours ago, Kelvin berry said: Still trying to figure out how to put pics on, just went for mot and it's very bad news the worst is the front subframe needs replacing, as well as new sills inner and outer, both arches , all brake pipes , all suspension, all lights don't work to name but a few jobs, and while I was there she decided to refuse to start , got power to the coil and the starter clicks but won't turn enfine, changed the battery for a new one and makes no difference. So tonight is going to be a research night to find the problem. It didn't look that bad in the pictures, did you have a poke round underneath when you looked at it in the flesh. Is the front subframe the footwells? Sounds like a welding fest. Pictures will help us help you. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
October 4, 20179 yr Author comment_215946 29 minutes ago, Greg said: It didn't look that bad in the pictures, did you have a poke round underneath when you looked at it in the flesh. Is the front subframe the footwells? Sounds like a welding fest. Pictures will help us help you. The welding on the front subframe area is pretty much at the Base of the bulkhead where it bends round to the footwell. Pretty much expected to have a decent amount of welding to have done so all in all not a huge shock. Edited October 4, 20179 yr by Kelvin berry Report
October 4, 20179 yr Author comment_215948 23 minutes ago, Kelvin berry said: The welding on the front subframe area is pretty much at the Base of the bulkhead where it bends round to the footwell. Pretty much expected to have a decent amount of welding to have done so all in all not a huge shock. Apologies for the handwriting but this is the rewritten mot failure list, my hand writingsnot much better than the mot guy. Report
October 4, 20179 yr Author comment_215951 3 hours ago, Kelvin berry said: Apologies for the handwriting but this is the rewritten mot failure list, my hand writingsnot much better than the mot guy. Is anyone close to sapcote in leicestershire, I could do with some help with the welding . I've spent the afternoon visiting local bodyshops asking for a quote for the work to be done, but I keep getting the feeling that they don't want the job. I can't weld myself so I'm gonna need help. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.