Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greg

CLUB ADMIN
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Greg

  1. LXs don't get sold......they get fixed, or scrapped.....last owner ;¬)
  2. My Gli needs MOT'ing, then to be sold to fund another project
  3. Save it mf....... Good to meet you Jackie (and Rick) last weekend. Lets hope the commander can be sorted
  4. Looks good Andy, love a bit of welding.......especially on a spit
  5. Covid didn't help things, like the bar, toilets, showeres etc but I think it was a good effort in all. The swarm of earwigs was rubbish, but a small pain. I think for the cost, better trailered toilets would be included as per the showers (which were pretty good).
  6. What a class weekend, thanks to all for making the effort. Will get some piccies up soon. Special mentions for all the LX(i) contingent to provide mine with moral support to get there (need to update my thread with all the crazy stuff to get sorted before the MOT to get Paul in the England shirt) and Andy for the convoy run up (to assist with break downs).
  7. @GreyDJ2John, is there anywhere to watch the Lions on Saturday? I think its on sky....but be good to not leave the site to watch if needs be. Might be able to get a skygo account working......but power or TV might be an issue? @andythoughts please?
  8. Clear indies are proper rare......what are these springs you speak of ;¬)
  9. Greg replied to Mick's topic in NEW USERS
    Go find it and make an offer......
  10. Greg replied to Mick's topic in NEW USERS
    Hello Mick.....the forum is waking up which is great. Good luck with the search and no the white LX is still not done lol.
  11. Thats a common with all of em Chris. Be good to meet after all these years.
  12. This looks like me white LX.......but working 😆 Looks good
  13. Jackie.....gutted.....the commander was my first cav......does it just need new chassis legs? I have a Gli hatch that I need to fix up a bit and get MOT'd....going on my track record it could be a long way off 🙄
  14. Greg replied to Richie's topic in NEW USERS
    Hello Richie, well hey ho....the white LX will get there one day. Sorry to hear about the divorce..... same here, its only amicable as she left for someone else and I haven't lost the plot lol. Better off with out her and I'm glad she left tbh....tragic but thats life. Get the saabilier out and fired up (when you are ready)
  15. Hopefully its not a big problem. Maybe up the 18" blade to 19 or so to get a bit more screen (if it doesn't foul the top of course)
  16. Love this idea......good luck Leon. Are you going to change round the wipers too as the swept part will be on the wrong side. Interestingly, I had a friend yrs ago with a UK VW golf and the LHD wipers setup on it for some reason. It left the drivers corner with water whilst raining which must be iffy in the eyes of the MOT?
  17. I will try to get there......covid, divorce, work reliant. Leave it with me. If I want to camp, on the above website there are loads of links.....can we click on any if we are members of mk2cav.com, whereby being part of the VBOA? Stupid quesiton likely, but I am stupid.....lol
  18. Same as me, I lost 8 months income completely in the last 12.....gutted, but it could be worse. Good luck, sounds like you should be able to get it sorted.
  19. Get the thing jacked up and have a good look at it. I'm guessing it won't have the rust that the UK climate and winter salt have here. We can assist as you need, best get your membership in to see all the project threads for some cav goodness.
  20. Hello Ron, welcome to the site and you have my condolences about your uncle. This car looks great and the house paint shouldn't be an issue. I'd almost leave it on for the MOT......lol.....rustic, and sort it later. Hopefully the garage has kept the worst of the rusy away.....you will need to get it out and jack it up to have a good look round, incl get the skirts off it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.