Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

noobie

Featured Replies

Hi everyone Andy from Sheffield

I've been looking at buying and restoring a Mk2 cab

I used to own a few Mk2 over the years first a 1.6 hatch with a 1.8 carb slotted in

then a GLSi hatch then a CDi hatch that just rotted away :-[.

I always wanted a Cab now is the time

I was wondering if the Mk3 2.5 V6 would fit in or just put the 20LE in like everyone

anybody with any thoughts?

  • CLUB MEMBER

hello and welcome mate the 2.5 v6 will go in have a look around the site theres a couple of people that have done it

JimmysSig.png
  • CLUB MEMBER

I drove my first V6 cav when I was 22 - it was group 15/16 depending on where you went. Not that bad considering it would (on a track) crack 150 on the clocks with plenty to go..

It's do-able then .Wonder what the insurance would be though.....

Certainly is do-able, insurance depends on many factors and who you go with. I have had a couple of quotes and its no different to my freelander. Also see Richies V6 calibre thread.

  • CLUB MEMBER

I was told by an insurer that the category of insurance is that of the engine. I'm borrowing a V6 Sri Vectra estate and it's the same group as my Calibre was with a V6 in it.

  • Author

Thanks for all your replies when i do eventually get one

I'll have a good shop round for quotes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.