April 2, 200818 yr comment_78980 Hi everyone Andy from Sheffield I've been looking at buying and restoring a Mk2 cabI used to own a few Mk2 over the years first a 1.6 hatch with a 1.8 carb slotted inthen a GLSi hatch then a CDi hatch that just rotted away :-[.I always wanted a Cab now is the timeI was wondering if the Mk3 2.5 V6 would fit in or just put the 20LE in like everyoneanybody with any thoughts? Report
April 2, 200818 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_78999 hello and welcome mate the 2.5 v6 will go in have a look around the site theres a couple of people that have done it Report
April 3, 200818 yr comment_79008 Hi mate and welcome to the madness ;DIan Blaney has done a V6 conversion on his cabby.Check out the link below.http://www.mk2cav.com/smf/index.php?topic=6718.0 Report
April 3, 200818 yr Author comment_79038 It's do-able then .Wonder what the insurance would be though..... Report
April 3, 200818 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_79039 I drove my first V6 cav when I was 22 - it was group 15/16 depending on where you went. Not that bad considering it would (on a track) crack 150 on the clocks with plenty to go.. Report
April 4, 200818 yr comment_79065 It's do-able then .Wonder what the insurance would be though.....Certainly is do-able, insurance depends on many factors and who you go with. I have had a couple of quotes and its no different to my freelander. Also see Richies V6 calibre thread. [img width=160 height=120]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/ianblayney68/th_sk2.jpg Report
April 5, 200818 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_79095 I was told by an insurer that the category of insurance is that of the engine. I'm borrowing a V6 Sri Vectra estate and it's the same group as my Calibre was with a V6 in it. Report
April 5, 200818 yr Author comment_79166 Thanks for all your replies when i do eventually get one I'll have a good shop round for quotes. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.