Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

newbe

Featured Replies

Hi, I am new here!

I have a 1982 1600 SR. my family have owned it from new and it has only done 68k.

It has been stood for a couple of years now and i dont know what to do with it now?

I dont no weather to get it running right do the usual rear arches n other little bits, and use it for shows and stuff or to just sell it on as is?

What do you all recon?

22222.jpg

sonym20072222.jpg

Quite a rare car now i would restore / get it restored and enjoy it.

Definatly keep it, its far to rare not to save.

Nice monaro, that would be my second car :)

Welcome to the mad house.

Sell it to me!!  ;D

These SR's are starting to come out the woodwork a bit now!  >:D

Seriously though it has to be saved,that is a lovely colour  :)

Welcome to the site  ;D

restore it and enjoy it,or sell it to matt, welcome to the site.

Hi, i am Andy aka minimrman and this is my car, i have got my girlfriend to register on the site, as my accounty thing will not let me log in again? anyone know what is going on?

My email is, andy_p85@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Glad you all seem to like it btw!

Would love to restor it or see i to someone who can and will.

  • Author

Thanks for that! I work now, kool.

How much are SRs goin for now anyway nowadays?

Thanks for that! I work now, kool.

How much are SRs goin for now anyway nowadays?

All depends on condition, MOT tax etc...........

I went to see one recently in "average" condition with no MOT or tax and he wanted £350 minimum.I was going to pay it out of basically wanting an SR and with a view to keeping the car long term.Luckily I was messed around by the seller and I didnt end up buying it.After much thought and advice from others I realised the car wasnt worth that much at all even if it is an SR.

As a VERY rough guide (and I dont mean to offend) if the car has been standing for a number of years (outside) and has no MOT or tax but I understand yours has full service history and 1 owner from new, its going to be worth "as is" around the £200/250 ish mark depending on the condition of the bodywork.

My advice would be restore it, MOT it yourself and use it or get it MOT'd before selling.

This SR was listed on ebay towards the end of 2006 - I still have the pictures of it on my PC!

  • Author

Feel free to put the pics up, i cant remember where i saved them.

I dont realy mind how much anyone is wanting to pay for it as long as it gets sorted, i think it is to nice to let it rot on my drive! With a little work could be a nice show car. the interior in particular is in exellent condition.

Its just i have to many projects on the go and need the room.  So if anyone has a trailer make me an offer...?

  • Author

Or alternatively i might get the grinder out and do somthing serious.

Has anyone ever converted a mk2 to rear wheel drive?

Please please please don't do that to her such a rare model deserves to be kept original the boss of the company i used to work for owns a mint 1961 Chevrolet corvette convertable and  i was gobsmacked when he took an industrial size angle grinder to it just so he could fit an independent suspension rear axle to it

It completely ruined what was a beautiful car sell it to matt orm he will cherish it and will give it a loving home

  • Author

Yeah but for what I am gona get for it, I may as well make it into something different?

Trust me i like making things a bit odd.

;) --DSC00960.jpg

I could always brake it, might get more that way! lol

  • CLUB MEMBER

Or alternatively i might get the grinder out and do somthing serious.

Has anyone ever converted a mk2 to rear wheel drive?

Plenty of people talked about it, none have done it! Id you kept the standard looks could be quite special. Another one saved is another one saved. Regardless of its workings underneath I rekon. Then again, don't do it if it's not going to get to the same condition as your mini!  ;D

Plenty of people talked about it, none have done it! Id you kept the standard looks could be quite special. Another one saved is another one saved. Regardless of its workings underneath I rekon. Then again, don't do it if it's not going to get to the same condition as your mini!  ;D

I was in a traffic jam next to an immaculate Ascona B (Cav mk1 with different front) 4 door saloon, and thought how similar the mk2 cav and ascona C body shell is. 

  • CLUB MEMBER

depending where you are, mr Pod will take the car for a bottle of whisky & a tenor.....    ;D

 The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's

I could always brake it, might get more that way! lol

Its worth almost nothing broken.

Id love to see a RWD conversion done. Ive sat looking at it a few times. Wouldn't be immensely difficult, easier if you space framed the rear as it looks like you've done on the mini (which is pretty sweet i have to say)

What would Gordon do?

if your going to do a r/w/d converstion on a mk2 cav please do it on a more common model like an "L" spec it would be a shame to chop up such a rare model like an sr 

Common! wash your mouth out.

Chop chop and get drifting i say

when i said "common" i mean't there is a higher number of L spec models left in existance compaired to the sr/sri/sri 130 models 

rear wheel drive all the way! YOUR car, so do what YOU wanna do with it!!  >:D

What is the paint code of that colour blue?

Aquamarine Blue  -  30L  (L275)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.