Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

At Last

Featured Replies

I have finally found myself a MK2...

Last night I put a deposit on a 1988 F plate 1.6 saloon - exactly what I need, the car itself is in excellent condition and has only had 2 local owners from new with FSH, finished in i believe Rembrant Silver with just a small amount of rust on the wheel arch starting, nothing on top of the screens at all - but it has an brand new early spec bumper on it which i will change to a late spec and it needs a late spec headlight and indicator on the passenger side where he 'dropped a tin of paint on the old one' apart from that she is fine. Has a sunroof and is a pretty looking car.

Can't wait to get her next weekend now... I'm also on the hunt for some 17's and some lowering springs for her, but only once i have the car here.

first car i had was a silver 1.6 i loved that car, get some pics up if you can

  • Author

I will do - i'm aiming to get it done for Castle Combe in April... Should be getting it onSaturday.

  • Author

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I have the car - should be getting it next weekend when the old chap gets his new astra.

  • Author

looks like I have just sourced some 17" wheels for it (Not quite the speedlines I wanted but better than standard) which I will be changing soon but they will do for now as they are cheap.

I also Have to get a lowering Kit/Springs if anyone knows of one going cheap...

This car is being done on a budget so that the mrs doesn't notice it hapening what with our wedding coming up...

if your cav is only 2 inches off the ground after fitting the lowering kit it might just give the game away

  • Author

It's not going down a lot - just enough to make it have a nicer stance (30mmish) once the bigger wheels are on it.

I'm not going for the Chav look (Hopefully it won't look anything like that).

The wheels I am getting are infillers till I get some Cav GSi wheels or if I decide to keep the car longer then i'll invest in some Speedline Alessio 2's

  • Author

Finally got her on my driveway...

Going to clean her up and post some pics at the weekend, still has original handbook/keys and drove really well on the way home - god that brought back some memories

Used to drive one exactly same colour and spec as company pool car,it went very well and for some reason it would sit on the bumper of the early eighties xr3 (not xr3i) all day at any speed once over 60mph as a few found out (not on public roads of course!!)and left the F*** S***** 1.6 for dead.Think thats what started me getting into Vauxhalls & mk2 cavs.

  • Author

will do people, just want to get it all tiedied up and lowered - off to Billing at the weekend for the spares day so will hopefully find some good stuff there for it - ideally a passenger wing and drivers door and late spec front bumper (Unless anyone wants to swap a MINT black front early spec bumper for a leate spec one?)

  • Author

Is this the one on Sunday 9th March?!?!

I thought that was Billing - whoops i'd have gone to the wrong place!

  • Author

I've just won a set off ebay with indicators - main thing is the wing and drivers door which are coming quite hard to get hold of for good money - A used one would do so long as it's in good nick - colour not important!

Also need to take the front bumper and valance off to get that straightened up and find a bit of trim for the front bumper.

Wheels are coming for it at the weekend (Got some 17's for a good price but will look for some cav GSi 15's to possibly swap them with once the rest of the car is upto scratch.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.