Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm new too

Featured Replies

Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to this forum. I'm Simon, I live in Bolton and I've been into Vauxhalls since I was 15. My first car was a 'W' reg Chevette and since then I've had the following Vauxhalls ....

2 x Novas, 2 x Mk1 Astras, Manta GT, Frontera Sport, Corsa TD, ex-police 24v Senator and 2 x mk3 Cavs.

On Sunday I bought a mk2 Cav cabriolet in metallic blue. 61k miles, 2 owners and completely standard apart from its had a PAS rack fitted. This will now sit proudly alongside my standard looking mk1 Astra 1200S which has been modded with a 20XE, Spax suspension and 16v brakes.

I also have 3 x mk1 MR2s (don't ask), a 106GTi and a Skoda Octavia TDi as a company car.

I'm keen to meet other owners and their cars so will keep an eye out for meets that aren't too far from me.

Welcome and thats one bloody big driveway you must have!

  • Author

I wish  :D

2 of the MR2s are at mates and the girlfriend has pinched the 106 to use. It was looking full until a couple of weeks ago when I sold my Lotus Elan and an old BMW 540i, but it started to look bare hence the Cav.

Actually the truth is that I was away on business all last week and had lots of time to browse ebay. I was looking for mk1 Astra stuff and stumbled across the Cav. Thought it would go for more than it did so snapped it up. No idea if I paid to much or got a bargain, but it drives better than I thought it would so I'm happy.   :)

nice......none of those going around greece cause i would of had one for sure... >:(

yeah recognise it from ebay now, sweet looking cav. Whats your plans for it then?

was the elan the early version or the more modern? always fancied the more modern one when they came out

Saying that i shouldnt be saying too much i have a load outside the house at the moment 5 cars at last count!

  • Author

It was the later Elan. I've had 2 of them now. I sold it cos I wasn't really using it much. The Astra was more fun and quicker than the Lotus, so I found myself using that more.

For the time being I'll keep the Cav as standard. If the engine ever dies, I'll stick the XE from the Astra in it and a C20LET in the Astra.

  • Author

Pic of my Astra as well in case anyone is interested ...

blue2ua9.th.jpg

Hopefully I can get a pic of them both together next week.  :)

Pic of my Astra as well in case anyone is interested ...

blue2ua9.th.jpg

Hopefully I can get a pic of them both together next week.  :)

thats a nice mk1 astra bit of a sleeper the steelies dont give it away

  • CLUB MEMBER

hi and welcome to the club thats a nice fleet you have there especially like the mk1 astra sleeper  ;D 8) >:D

JimmysSig.png
  • Author

welcome to the site mate,nice looking cabby.

It only came from round the corner from you - Lancing

where is lancing  ???

west sussex

  • Author

where is lancing  ???

Near Brighton. When I said 'round the corner' I meant in comparison to me in Lancashire.

Near Brighton. When I said 'round the corner' I meant in comparison to me in Lancashire.

i looked it up cus i miss read and never heard of it, i thought u meant it was close yo me, jimmy and matt hehehe but realised when i googled it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.