Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hi from an old Calibre owner

Featured Replies

Discovered this site the other day when talking about old cars on another forum.

I used to have a calibre E735 YHC and was a member of the register back then. Must have sold it back in 98. Was my pride and joy at 18, spent all my hard earned cash on it, fitting the 16V along with a load of other stuff! Absolutly imaculate!

Is it still about? how many are there now, not seen a real one since I sold mine!!

Cool site 8)

Andy

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

Really stunning mate.

Looks like good news on your old car, it is still taxed and on the road, according to the dvla

Manufacturer  VAUXHALL 

Model  CAVALIER CALIBRE I 

Body type  4 DOOR SALOON 

Colour  RED 

Fuel type  PETROL 

Date manufactured  30 December 1988

Number of previous owners  6

Last owner change  26 April 2005

Welcome - Lovely car dude :)

Could it be this one that came up on eBay last year, valvered but it had Astra GTE vents if I remember correctly?

Hello there, thats a clean looking calibre you got there 8) where is it now? im wondering if it was the one that was on ebay a while ago, the one with no stripes and had a calibre graphic on the boot ???

Looks awesome mate and the raffino's look excellent on a Cav.......

.........painted black ;D

Hello there, thats a clean looking calibre you got there 8) where is it now? im wondering if it was the one that was on ebay a while ago, the one with no stripes and had a calibre graphic on the boot ???

.........painted black ;D

Give over lol

  • Author

Good to here its still kicking about, hopefully in the hands of an enthusiasts!

Thought I was going to keep it forever but I bought a Vectra GSI in 97, kept the Calibre for a while with plans to use it just for weekends, sadly had to sell it needing funds in the end. Not on the rafinos though, they went to a friend. Dam that vectra was boring compared to the Calibre, only kept the vectra for six months!

It was always my dream to convert to RWD with a blown Carlton GSI  lump, maybe one day I'll buy another and do what I intended! Anyone done this yet???

Some interesting pictures of the car over the years, supprising how much the wheels change a car! The stock wheels just look totaly lost in that bodykit!!

scan0012.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0014.jpg

  • Author

another classic rim the old mistral ;D

I believe they were Alesio's but very similar.

Nice looking Cav you have there!!

Andy

Oh yer lol

Seem to do well them rims, if i remember rightly, one of the not so mant rims with the correct 49mm offset

Awesome! I love timewarp photo's, makes me wish I was old enough to have been around the car scene back in the day :(

Any more old pics to share? Would love to see some more 8)

  • Author

Awesome! I love timewarp photo's, makes me wish I was old enough to have been around the car scene back in the day :(

Any more old pics to share? Would love to see some more 8)

Loads of pics form back in the day! sadley not that great quality as my scanner is not too hot!

My First MK2 a 1988 GL :Pat at just 17 was my first car, it wasn't even that old then!

da9bfb93.jpg

This was about 95 when my friend had a white 130 replica, original Calibre kit and also running a 16V. We used to go out embarasing cossy's, then king of the road!

scan0016.jpg

Santa pod in 97

scan0011.jpg

scan0010.jpg

This was my last show at Billing

2a3f6b64.jpg

80cf47a6.jpg

scan0006.jpg

Nice pics! Just gave me another much needed shove to get the ball rolling with mine :)

  • Author

Really stunning mate.

Looks like good news on your old car, it is still taxed and on the road, according to the dvla

Manufacturer  VAUXHALL 

Model  CAVALIER CALIBRE I 

Body type  4 DOOR SALOON 

Colour  RED 

Fuel type  PETROL 

Date manufactured  30 December 1988

Number of previous owners  6

Last owner change  26 April 2005

So close to being an 89, never new that. Changed hands a few times since me, Think I was No 2 and I had it for 5 years

Thanks

Alright Andy, nice to see you put up the pics of your old gal, I remember your cav from the register, you won a trophy in 98 at Billing ( I wasn't there but my mate with  an f plate calibre was ).

I owned VOK in the 99 piccies she still looks as good as back then with the same rims.....  thats me with the yellow t-shirt in the pics, I had a funny turn and sold her to a mate in December last year (what a dummy!!!!!).

The white calibre in the billing 99 pics was turbo'd.

  • Author

Alright Andy, nice to see you put up the pics of your old gal, I remember your cav from the register, you won a trophy in 98 at Billing ( I wasn't there but my mate with  an f plate calibre was ).

I owned VOK in the 99 piccies she still looks as good as back then with the same rims.....  thats me with the yellow t-shirt in the pics, I had a funny turn and sold her to a mate in December last year (what a dummy!!!!!).

The white calibre in the billing 99 pics was turbo'd.

Didn't VOK win a trophy in 99? All seem lke a long time ago now! Would have been nice to keep that car as a collectable, even back then there were loads of rotten ones about! I wonder what condition she is in now?? Was still on origial un-rusted rear wheel arched when I had it and that was a real rarety lol

Andy

Didn't VOK win a trophy in 99? All seem lke a long time ago now! Would have been nice to keep that car as a collectable, even back then there were loads of rotten ones about! I wonder what condition she is in now?? Was still on origial un-rusted rear wheel arched when I had it and that was a real rarety lol

Andy

Yep Andy ...VOK did win trophy in '99 the 'Best Standard Calibre' as in no 16 valve, shame yours didn't win the 'modified', yours was a quality motor back then I could see you were gutted.

ANDY ADMIN........take note... get  some trophies going on for your stand, it makes it a good competion! thats my bit ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.