February 19, 200620 yr comment_30224 Discovered this site the other day when talking about old cars on another forum.I used to have a calibre E735 YHC and was a member of the register back then. Must have sold it back in 98. Was my pride and joy at 18, spent all my hard earned cash on it, fitting the 16V along with a load of other stuff! Absolutly imaculate!Is it still about? how many are there now, not seen a real one since I sold mine!!Cool site 8)Andy Report
February 19, 200620 yr comment_30231 Really stunning mate.Looks like good news on your old car, it is still taxed and on the road, according to the dvlaManufacturer VAUXHALL Model CAVALIER CALIBRE I Body type 4 DOOR SALOON Colour RED Fuel type PETROL Date manufactured 30 December 1988 Number of previous owners 6 Last owner change 26 April 2005 Report
February 19, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_30239 I wonder where it is now, its been a while, so it may be someone elses' project? Report
February 19, 200620 yr comment_30243 Welcome - Lovely car dude Could it be this one that came up on eBay last year, valvered but it had Astra GTE vents if I remember correctly? Report
February 19, 200620 yr comment_30247 Looks awesome mate and the raffino's look excellent on a Cav Report
February 19, 200620 yr comment_30248 Hello there, thats a clean looking calibre you got there 8) where is it now? im wondering if it was the one that was on ebay a while ago, the one with no stripes and had a calibre graphic on the boot ???Looks awesome mate and the raffino's look excellent on a Cav................painted black ;D Report
February 19, 200620 yr comment_30250 Hello there, thats a clean looking calibre you got there 8) where is it now? im wondering if it was the one that was on ebay a while ago, the one with no stripes and had a calibre graphic on the boot ???.........painted black ;DGive over lol Report
February 19, 200620 yr Author comment_30252 Good to here its still kicking about, hopefully in the hands of an enthusiasts!Thought I was going to keep it forever but I bought a Vectra GSI in 97, kept the Calibre for a while with plans to use it just for weekends, sadly had to sell it needing funds in the end. Not on the rafinos though, they went to a friend. Dam that vectra was boring compared to the Calibre, only kept the vectra for six months!It was always my dream to convert to RWD with a blown Carlton GSI lump, maybe one day I'll buy another and do what I intended! Anyone done this yet???Some interesting pictures of the car over the years, supprising how much the wheels change a car! The stock wheels just look totaly lost in that bodykit!! Report
February 19, 200620 yr Author comment_30254 another classic rim the old mistral ;DI believe they were Alesio's but very similar. Nice looking Cav you have there!!Andy Report
February 19, 200620 yr comment_30256 Oh yer lolSeem to do well them rims, if i remember rightly, one of the not so mant rims with the correct 49mm offset Report
February 19, 200620 yr comment_30257 Awesome! I love timewarp photo's, makes me wish I was old enough to have been around the car scene back in the day Any more old pics to share? Would love to see some more 8) Report
February 19, 200620 yr Author comment_30264 Awesome! I love timewarp photo's, makes me wish I was old enough to have been around the car scene back in the day Any more old pics to share? Would love to see some more 8)Loads of pics form back in the day! sadley not that great quality as my scanner is not too hot!My First MK2 a 1988 GL :Pat at just 17 was my first car, it wasn't even that old then!This was about 95 when my friend had a white 130 replica, original Calibre kit and also running a 16V. We used to go out embarasing cossy's, then king of the road!Santa pod in 97This was my last show at Billing Report
February 20, 200620 yr comment_30328 Nice pics! Just gave me another much needed shove to get the ball rolling with mine Report
February 20, 200620 yr Author comment_30329 Really stunning mate.Looks like good news on your old car, it is still taxed and on the road, according to the dvlaManufacturer VAUXHALL Model CAVALIER CALIBRE I Body type 4 DOOR SALOON Colour RED Fuel type PETROL Date manufactured 30 December 1988 Number of previous owners 6 Last owner change 26 April 2005 So close to being an 89, never new that. Changed hands a few times since me, Think I was No 2 and I had it for 5 yearsThanks Report
February 26, 200620 yr comment_31112 Alright Andy, nice to see you put up the pics of your old gal, I remember your cav from the register, you won a trophy in 98 at Billing ( I wasn't there but my mate with an f plate calibre was ).I owned VOK in the 99 piccies she still looks as good as back then with the same rims..... thats me with the yellow t-shirt in the pics, I had a funny turn and sold her to a mate in December last year (what a dummy!!!!!).The white calibre in the billing 99 pics was turbo'd. Report
February 28, 200620 yr Author comment_31290 Alright Andy, nice to see you put up the pics of your old gal, I remember your cav from the register, you won a trophy in 98 at Billing ( I wasn't there but my mate with an f plate calibre was ).I owned VOK in the 99 piccies she still looks as good as back then with the same rims..... thats me with the yellow t-shirt in the pics, I had a funny turn and sold her to a mate in December last year (what a dummy!!!!!).The white calibre in the billing 99 pics was turbo'd.Didn't VOK win a trophy in 99? All seem lke a long time ago now! Would have been nice to keep that car as a collectable, even back then there were loads of rotten ones about! I wonder what condition she is in now?? Was still on origial un-rusted rear wheel arched when I had it and that was a real rarety lolAndy Report
March 4, 200620 yr comment_31685 Didn't VOK win a trophy in 99? All seem lke a long time ago now! Would have been nice to keep that car as a collectable, even back then there were loads of rotten ones about! I wonder what condition she is in now?? Was still on origial un-rusted rear wheel arched when I had it and that was a real rarety lolAndy Yep Andy ...VOK did win trophy in '99 the 'Best Standard Calibre' as in no 16 valve, shame yours didn't win the 'modified', yours was a quality motor back then I could see you were gutted.ANDY ADMIN........take note... get some trophies going on for your stand, it makes it a good competion! thats my bit Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.