Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just noticed I never did this

Featured Replies

Hi,

Im Casper (John) and I think your site is great.

Always thought the nick was a bit weird but its stuck with me.

I am addicted to Irn-bru and cars (Mainly mk2 cavs but would like to add a mk1 escort at some point)

I have 2 mk2 cavs an early hatch and a late saloon (and 2 other unimportant cars).

Long may MK2CAV live.

John

hi john, welcome to the forum, hope that you make yourself at home...;)

Hey I can mind the hostedscripts forum of 2002 with Andy, Sarah, Daz and umm Rich Dale?

  • CLUB MEMBER

at least my image raking over the years has been worth it!

I can remember going on the net in 1998 and it being hard to find a pic of a mk2 at all!

  • 2 weeks later...

that is an awesom pic so many great cars  ;D

  • 1 month later...

That is a great pic, i wish my one was there  ::)

How many survive. It is a very nice photogragh of a very fine limited edition motor car. ;)

Absolutly fab 8) 8)

Wond'nt it have been fun to swap the No plates around when the owner's were off looking at the Vauxhall viva stand ;D

  • Author

Now guys, behave.

When you going to get your lx out Andy.

Don't honestly Know It must come out soon so I can get the side painted in original solvent based paint before everyone goes to using water based paint. Why does water based paint not come off when it rains? The wife's mascara run's every time when I come back with  another car ;D.

When I get the GTE Manta finished it will defo come out. The main problem is it is at the back of the garage behind 2 other cars but I will have a shift around. It was out in the drive last summer for an hour, started ok after a long HT leads off crank.

Should I keep the original sound box in it or put a 10 stack system sony box in it out of the MK3 which is going to be broken this weekend

  • Author

Leave it original. Your father would never have approved of such an outrageous MOD.

Yes your right if I put a after market sound box into it then where would it end! the next step would be an amp in the boot and blue neon windscreen wiper water jets sticking out of the bonnet :D

  • CLUB MEMBER

if you want new sounds but the classic look get a cigarette Usb stick MP3, Line in player, so you are free to hook up any device with a  headphone jack you wish to it, or any memory stick full of mp3 tunes, it braodcasts them over FM to your radio... no need for heavy multichangers!

  • Author

cool idea, BUT my red cav only does MW and LW on the radio.

Think I keep dads tapes in the car :-X on second thoughts Jim Reeves! (who the fu##  is Jim Reeves) its defo out the window. In comes "Haircut 100" and love plus one---Remember this anyone ;)

imagine they made only 500 VXr astra's then add 20 years to them, you'll be down to 50 of them too with all their engines in corsa's!  :-X

Surely the VXR won't fall to bits anywhere near as fast?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.