February 18, 200620 yr comment_30220 Hi,Im Casper (John) and I think your site is great.Always thought the nick was a bit weird but its stuck with me.I am addicted to Irn-bru and cars (Mainly mk2 cavs but would like to add a mk1 escort at some point)I have 2 mk2 cavs an early hatch and a late saloon (and 2 other unimportant cars).Long may MK2CAV live.John Report
February 19, 200620 yr comment_30223 hi john, welcome to the forum, hope that you make yourself at home... Report
February 20, 200620 yr comment_30453 Hey I can mind the hostedscripts forum of 2002 with Andy, Sarah, Daz and umm Rich Dale? Report
February 21, 200620 yr comment_30492 Hey did a search on google images ;D loads from the mk2cav.comhttp://images.google.co.uk/images?q=mk2cav.com&hl=en Report
February 21, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_30504 thats all images from the events pages.. we will get them up sometime again i guess! hahah! Report
February 21, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_30598 at least my image raking over the years has been worth it!I can remember going on the net in 1998 and it being hard to find a pic of a mk2 at all! Report
April 24, 200620 yr comment_35487 How many survive. It is a very nice photogragh of a very fine limited edition motor car. Absolutly fab 8) 8) Report
April 24, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_35489 imagine they made only 500 VXr astra's then add 20 years to them, you'll be down to 50 of them too with all their engines in corsa's! :-X Report
April 24, 200620 yr comment_35495 Wond'nt it have been fun to swap the No plates around when the owner's were off looking at the Vauxhall viva stand ;D Report
April 24, 200620 yr Author comment_35496 Now guys, behave.When you going to get your lx out Andy. Report
April 24, 200620 yr comment_35499 Don't honestly Know It must come out soon so I can get the side painted in original solvent based paint before everyone goes to using water based paint. Why does water based paint not come off when it rains? The wife's mascara run's every time when I come back with another car ;D. When I get the GTE Manta finished it will defo come out. The main problem is it is at the back of the garage behind 2 other cars but I will have a shift around. It was out in the drive last summer for an hour, started ok after a long HT leads off crank.Should I keep the original sound box in it or put a 10 stack system sony box in it out of the MK3 which is going to be broken this weekend Report
April 24, 200620 yr Author comment_35509 Leave it original. Your father would never have approved of such an outrageous MOD. Report
April 25, 200620 yr comment_35513 Yes your right if I put a after market sound box into it then where would it end! the next step would be an amp in the boot and blue neon windscreen wiper water jets sticking out of the bonnet Report
April 25, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_35520 if you want new sounds but the classic look get a cigarette Usb stick MP3, Line in player, so you are free to hook up any device with a headphone jack you wish to it, or any memory stick full of mp3 tunes, it braodcasts them over FM to your radio... no need for heavy multichangers! Report
April 25, 200620 yr Author comment_35529 cool idea, BUT my red cav only does MW and LW on the radio. Report
April 25, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_35530 i was talking about Andy's LXi...but if you take out the 200/400 and put in an 800 unit youll get two uhf channels... Report
April 25, 200620 yr comment_35577 Think I keep dads tapes in the car :-X on second thoughts Jim Reeves! (who the fu## is Jim Reeves) its defo out the window. In comes "Haircut 100" and love plus one---Remember this anyone Report
April 26, 200620 yr comment_35598 imagine they made only 500 VXr astra's then add 20 years to them, you'll be down to 50 of them too with all their engines in corsa's! :-XSurely the VXR won't fall to bits anywhere near as fast? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.