April 14, 20251 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_225853 Hello 👋 So, here we are again, a MK2 Cavalier owner once more after stupidly selling my mint Black SRi saloon “ The Bomber “ to Blitz in August 2013, who I know has looked after her very well 💪 I was bidding on the Green A plate 1.3L the other day, but I changed my mind and Charlie Cavalier won it instead to go with A32LTM 👍 The very next day this popped up in my eBay, so I messaged the seller for some info, owned by her dad for 10 yrs who is now ill of health, been parked for 3., so I made an offer and collected it on Saturday to go with my 1989 Opel Vectra A LHD, and my 1993 Carlton Diplomat 😎 A few holes / rusty bits here and there, but in general a good shell to build on. Redtop engine Chipped ECU apparently Recent ( ish ) rear brakes New rear shocks New stainless middle section Keep you updated with progress, Abo 👋 Edited April 24, 20251 yr by Lefty Adding pics Report
April 14, 20251 yr comment_225854 That was a lucky find I have an excellent condition XE rocker cover red L if you need one. Report
April 15, 20251 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_225855 Abo is back.....awesome. Glad you have a mk2 again Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
April 17, 20251 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_225863 2 hours ago, Paul said: Welcome back to the fold abo, what needs welding on it. Thanks ☺️ On first early inspection both arches, standard lol which he had and I paid £20 for ( I’d have got them for free if his wife wasn’t there, she didn’t miss a trick 😂 ) front of both inner arches where they meet the sill, and at least one lower rear corner. Not had a good delve but early impressions are good tbh, we shall see 👍 Report
April 17, 20251 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_225864 On 15/04/2025 at 12:02, Greg said: Abo is back.....awesome. Glad you have a mk2 again Indeed I am 😎 Feels weird owning one again after all this time lol Report
April 17, 20251 yr comment_225866 Strange but strangely familiar at the same time Have you ever owned a hatch before? Report
April 17, 20251 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_225867 1 hour ago, Paul said: Strange but strangely familiar at the same time Have you ever owned a hatch before? Yes, very familiar 👍 Yh quite a few despite my love of a saloon, my very first cav was a Y reg white hatch 1.6L 😎 Report
April 21, 20251 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_225872 We really need to stop meeting like this! Vectra B Hatchback - N Reg Vectra B Estate - 51 Reg Cavalier MK3 Saloon - K Reg Cavalier MK2 Hatchback - A Reg (LTM) Cavalier MK2 Hatchback - A Reg (PCT) Report
May 29, 20251 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_225955 Slow progress with juggling work, two other projects, a dodgy knee and trying to chill too! lol Popped round earlier in a huff after the £70 flex plate bolts I bought from America for my MK3 were the wrong thread stopping me from refitting the engine! 😣 Fitted new plugs / colour coded ( almost! 🤩 ) leads and 20 litres of fresh fuel to see if it would cure the backfiring, it’s better 👍 Tightened gear selector, I now have all gears it seems. Fitted the plug cover I got from GreyDJ too. Fuel pipe is leaking on the inlet so have to sort that another day. Oil flush / change next and maybe trial fit the turbo rims with the 15mm 4 to 5 stud adapters 👍 Edited May 29, 20251 yr by Lefty Report
July 8, 20251 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_226081 Rather than try and find an original air box and pipe for the engine ( and the ECU’s current position will foul it anyway, which eventually will move inside the car ) which are rare and expensive, I thought I’d go down the “ boy racer “ route lol Got to have the steel pipe cut down but you get the jist 👍 Report
July 9, 20251 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_226085 Will sound good at WOT! I see she's Luton built. Best make sure the rear chassis legs are protected for the long term! Good to see the progress. Report
August 5, 20251 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_226129 8 minutes ago, Paul said: hows progress going? In a word slow! Due to motivation ( lack of ) and a dodgy knee ( which is slowly getting better 👍 ) Fix the fuel leak then I can send her to have the steering rack changed, timing belt kit / water pump and lowering springs fitted. I did drop off the power cap, timing belt cover and rocker cover to be powder coated green yesterday 😎 Report
August 6, 20251 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_226133 5 hours ago, Lefty said: In a word slow! Due to motivation ( lack of ) and a dodgy knee ( which is slowly getting better 👍 ) Fix the fuel leak then I can send her to have the steering rack changed, timing belt kit / water pump and lowering springs fitted. I did drop off the power cap, timing belt cover and rocker cover to be powder coated green yesterday 😎 i just took the lower springs off of my green cavvy! Looks like a monster truck now! Vectra B Hatchback - N Reg Vectra B Estate - 51 Reg Cavalier MK3 Saloon - K Reg Cavalier MK2 Hatchback - A Reg (LTM) Cavalier MK2 Hatchback - A Reg (PCT) Report
August 6, 20251 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_226135 i hate lowered cars - i want all my cars to be stock (or as close as possible). each to thier own Vectra B Hatchback - N Reg Vectra B Estate - 51 Reg Cavalier MK3 Saloon - K Reg Cavalier MK2 Hatchback - A Reg (LTM) Cavalier MK2 Hatchback - A Reg (PCT) Report
September 16, 20251 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_226221 On 15/09/2025 at 01:36, Paul said: Looking good mate Thanks, the pics don’t do them justice, very happy 👌 One day they’ll be fitted lol Report
September 21, 20251 yr comment_226228 On 06/08/2025 at 12:42, Charlie Cavalier said: i hate lowered cars - i want all my cars to be stock (or as close as possible). each to thier own I hated scraping speed humps everywhere, and think you now need a bit of suspension travel for UK roads. That said, it's great to be able to brake later, turn tighter and the looks too. Just need a chiropractor on speed dial Report
September 21, 20251 yr comment_226229 1 hour ago, vxcalibre said: I hated scraping speed humps everywhere, and think you now need a bit of suspension travel for UK roads. That said, it's great to be able to brake later, turn tighter and the looks too. Just need a chiropractor on speed dial. The Calibra DTM is a great example where lowered suspension actually works, looks better and massively reduced body roll but retained drivability not being rock hard like a Renault Megane 225 Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.