May 24, 20197 yr comment_218993 Hi everyone, So bit of a boring story but I learnt to drive years ago in my Dad’s ancient Sri which we scrapped many years ago, it’s been eating away at me for the last 20 years that it should’ve been rescued rather than driven to the dump. So.... i’ve spent the last year trying to track down a decent example to restore, keep and treasure in homage to my fossilised old Cav. i’m happy to say that I have now found one and would love to become part of this group. Here’s some pics, it’s currently being given a total renovation and mechanical overhaul so more pics to follow. I look forward to meeting some of you soon Cheers Stew Report
May 25, 20197 yr comment_218994 hi! like it, looks in good order to be fair? my mate had an SR in this colour ANF302Y (long dead I believe) look after those centre caps!! Report
May 25, 20197 yr Author comment_218995 Oooh blimey, I’ve just looked at the prices for new centre caps! Know anyone who wants to sell me a spare set?! Yeah it’s in pretty good nick, only done (a fully documented) 48k miles from new. Got every single MOT certificate, tax disc and service sheet too Report
May 25, 20197 yr comment_218996 Nice car, great to see another one getting some love and use hopefully. Keep the pictures and updates coming. Report
May 25, 20197 yr comment_218999 Is that the one that was on ebay few days ago? Thought it looked good then. Report
May 26, 20197 yr Author comment_219000 Yeah! The guy who sold it was a top bloke and was very sad to see it go. Needs new rear arches and some of the sill repairing but that’s it.... hopefully! Report
May 26, 20197 yr comment_219001 Got some new saloon panels here if you need anything more than sills and arches, mostly genuine stuff. Report
May 26, 20197 yr Author comment_219002 Hi Chris, I think i’ll do the front wings at some point so will be in touch once the welder has given it a once over. I don't suppose you have a spare standard small-badge front grille knocking about? Not sure if I like the fog lights or not! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.