February 17, 20197 yr comment_218607 Hi everyone! First off all excuse me for my english if you see some uncorrect words. I am from Bosnia and I own a blue 86 Opel Ascona wich was my first car even tough I started driving 6-7 years ago, but my father had one back in 98 so it is in our blood :D. After I bought Vectra b 2 years ago the Ascona was no longer in use so now I am coming back to her and I need so much infos about that old lady so I hope I am getting help from you, and I am thankfull for letting me do that. Pictures very soon ! Cheers! Edited February 17, 20197 yr by Djomla92 Report
February 17, 20197 yr comment_218608 Welcome to the site. Your standard of English looks pretty good, similar to some of us here already Report
February 19, 20197 yr Author comment_218619 I am trying to figure out how to add the car to the garage....:S Report
February 27, 20197 yr Author comment_218655 Last few days I was digging to find some rusty parts that need attention, found nothing under the carpet but there is a lot to do on the rear. I dont have the money to do some big repairs right now but I do need the car as my daily so I am gonna do some small repairs mostly to prevent the rust from spreading. Report
February 28, 20197 yr comment_218656 A bit at a time is the way forward. Can you get panels over there? Report
March 3, 20197 yr Author comment_218660 On 28/02/2019 at 08:02, chris m said: A bit at a time is the way forward. Can you get panels over there? Even a kick in the butt is a step forrward, hahaha Its a problem to find the new parts over here but if I do they are not too expensive, I think two arches over the rear tires are maybe 25e, there are many second hand but those are the cars from scrapyard so they are allready in bad condition... There are some really nice asconas over here, I ll post a pic of one from Croatia... Edited March 3, 20197 yr by Djomla92 Report
March 5, 20197 yr Author comment_218675 Yesterday I got some stupid idea to remove the rear exhaust box to get some loud sound. As I had no right pipes I found some used old pipes and done some welding and the result was way more then good, but it is not for every day. I ll leave it so for a few days to fool around then I ll get the box back. Done nothing to the original box or pipes as I allready knew that I m gonna put it back Report
March 5, 20197 yr comment_218677 On 27/02/2019 at 19:56, Djomla92 said: see you have a VAG fan opposite! Report
March 5, 20197 yr Author comment_218678 2 minutes ago, vxcalibre said: see you have a VAG fan opposite! Its my friends place hahah, but its the same with me. You would be suprised how many mk2 Golfs are over here, its considered a class over mk2 cav Few days ago one 1.6d was sold for 1500e... Report
March 25, 20197 yr Author comment_218758 New rims on. Not the ones I wanted but got them for free so its fine , would be much more better if the car could go lower but on the rear are allready red lowering springs, and the front is 3cm lower than usual. How do you get this car to go so low because even if the rear axle touches the body there is still room left, I am confused ? There is also this pic from an Opel Meet we had past sunday on a local airport support track, I am the only one with Mk2 cav/ Ascona C. And a few cars from heaven Report
March 29, 20197 yr Author comment_218776 Replaced the clutch set yesterday, it was worn to the bone, its a new car to drive now, still getting used to the new clutch as it is soft and sensitive now. Also took a 300km drive to the seaside to visit some friends. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.