Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello from Bosnia !!

Featured Replies

Hi everyone!

First off all excuse me for my english if you see some uncorrect words. I am from Bosnia and I own a blue 86 Opel Ascona wich was my first car even tough I started driving 6-7 years ago, but my father had one back in 98 so it is in our blood :D. After I bought Vectra b 2 years ago the Ascona was no longer in use so now I am coming back to her and I need so much infos about that old lady so I hope I am getting help from you, and I am thankfull for letting me do that. Pictures very soon ! Cheers!

 

Edited by Djomla92

  • Author

I am trying to figure out how to add the car to the garage....:S

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Last few days I was digging to find some rusty parts that need attention, found nothing under the carpet but there is a lot to do on the rear. I dont have the money to do some big repairs right now but I do need the car as my daily so I am gonna do some small repairs mostly to prevent the rust from spreading. 

IMG_20190220_095942.jpg

IMG_20190221_085748.jpg

IMG_20190221_085501.jpg

IMG-d2cc32dc59bd0c8b43d8188d954893d6-V.jpg

IMG_20190220_095907.jpg

IMG_20190220_095902.jpg

  • Author
On 28/02/2019 at 08:02, chris m said:

A bit at a time is the way forward. Can you get panels over there?

Even a kick in the butt is a step forrward, hahaha

Its a problem to find the new parts over here but if I do they are not too expensive, I think two arches over the rear tires are maybe 25e, there are many second hand but those are the cars from scrapyard so they are allready in bad condition... There are some really nice asconas over here, I ll post a pic of one from Croatia...

Edited by Djomla92

  • Author

Yesterday I got some stupid idea to remove the rear exhaust box to get some loud sound. As I had no right pipes I found some used old pipes and done some welding  and the result was way more then good, but it is not for every day. I ll leave it so for a few days to fool around then I ll get the box back. Done nothing to the original box or pipes as I allready knew that I m gonna put it back :D

IMG-87cb8765bda2e896922fd966a91b0c30-V.jpg

IMG-7baac340294022a12cb0e9ec08077ac2-V.jpg

On 27/02/2019 at 19:56, Djomla92 said:

 

IMG-d2cc32dc59bd0c8b43d8188d954893d6-V.jpg

 

 

see you have a VAG fan opposite!  

  • Author
2 minutes ago, vxcalibre said:

see you have a VAG fan opposite!  

Its my friends place hahah, but its the same with me. You would be suprised how many mk2 Golfs are over here, its considered a class over mk2 cav :)

Few days ago one 1.6d was sold for 1500e...

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

New rims on. Not the ones I wanted but got them for free so its fine :) , would be much more better if the car could go lower but on the rear are allready red lowering springs, and the front is 3cm lower than usual. How do you get this car to go so low because even if the rear axle touches the body there is still room left, I am confused ? 

There is also this pic from an Opel Meet we had past sunday on a local airport support track, I am the only one with Mk2 cav/ Ascona C.

And a few cars from heaven :)IMG_20190324_165143.thumb.jpg.a1d7dcbf7227b8c571dcd0cabfe661a1.jpgIMG_20190317_133226.thumb.jpg.f38b7de4246f784dcd47a0d6a34881ee.jpgIMG_20190317_130859.thumb.jpg.e22c3a03d81487d0b0872b6a47aa6746.jpg

IMG_20190317_133216.jpg

  • Author

Replaced the clutch set yesterday, it was worn to the bone, its a new car to drive now, still getting used to the new clutch as it is soft and sensitive now.

Also took a 300km drive to the seaside to visit some friends.

IMG-80f213b3d2f379ba4c52a1fd9bfda7b2-V.jpg

IMG-33b104668706b4ef9f324239ff050bff-V.jpg

IMG_20190328_153714.jpg

IMG_20190328_092732.jpg

IMG_20190328_091326.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.