July 26, 201610 yr comment_213530 Hey everyone, my name is Christian, talking from Brazil. I know this forum for a few years, and from time to time I pass by just to see your gorgeous Cavaliers. Now I have my own one 1983 Brazilian Monza SLE 1.8 litre E100 engine. It is a truly barn find, almost 20 years stored. Some rust here and there but it is in good shape. Now beginning restoration process. Promise to keep you updated every step I take over this car. Thank you guys. Report
July 26, 201610 yr comment_213531 Cool car. Nice set of wheels and slammed suspension are all it needs in my view. Be good to see what you do to it. Report
July 26, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_213535 Yup. Please do a lot of work on it. It will be at LEAST 2-3 years before my unicorn-monza even gets looked at!! Report
July 26, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_213545 That's awesome very cool certainly interested to see the outcomeof your restoration Report
July 27, 201610 yr comment_213563 as has been said, needs some cool wheels and air ride and would make a hell of a car Report
July 29, 201610 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_213606 Welcome and nice motor. Andy will be interested as he has one over here that needs work and they are rare....as in his is the only one. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
July 29, 201610 yr comment_213626 Wow looks cracking! Good find I will also love to see the outcome. What are your plans? Report
July 29, 201610 yr Author comment_213629 I ll try keep you guys updated I promise. My plans are to keep it all stock and original. We (me and my brother) like to drive a car and feel that we're in the mid 80's, in a car that were truly a revolution in the Brazilian market at that time. As long as i know the monza was the first global car launched in Brazil. To be honest, we may do some updates in the engine like the carburetor and the cam shaft from the Monza SR 1.8. Edited July 29, 201610 yr by chrisbergamo Report
July 31, 201610 yr comment_213663 Nice! Keep us posted we like to hear how people are getting on and there projects. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.